Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autolevel rear air suspension system

Nathan

Reaction score
On these trucks equipped with this autoleveling system is it possible to lengthen the autolevel linkage to achieve a slightly higher ride stance (half inch to an inch) in the rear? Since these trucks come pretty level from the factory any leveling kit would put the nose high.

Omarf4

Reaction score
It’s pretty set without an easy way to raise the back. Ride height is predefined with sensors all around constantly adjust the air to keep the bed leveled out. Only way I could see is if you remove the air bags and put a block in between the frame and bags. Major surgery.

Not sure why you would need to level the front it as it’s pretty level already from the factory. With the air bags, you don’t have the forward lean angle that’s stock with coils/springs setup.

Distillusion

Reaction score
Just like in the 1500s with air suspension, there are link bars that connect the rear suspension to the sensors. On the 1500s, these links have small metric ball joints at each end. You can easily buy the same size metal ball joints at specialty hardware stores or online, and thread them onto threaded rods. To make a pair, one for each rear sensor, the costs are under $30. All you need is a piece of threaded rod and a hacksaw, the 4 balls sockets, and a couple of nuts to bind the sockets if you feel the need. That will give you adjustable links and you can raise and lower the links to change the ride height, within reason. Once mounted, they are as good or better than the polymer links on the 1500s. Be aware that the ball sockets at each end might be different sizes, as they are in the 1500s.

Alternatively, you could just spend more money and buy a pre-built set for 4x as much here.

Marshfly

Reaction score
That will work to change the static ride height but, like coil spacers, does nothing to improve or preserve the wheel travel.

maxsteel

Reaction score
I've been looking forever to do the same with mine and the only legit option I've been able to find is the yet-to-be-released Carli kit.

Distillusion

Reaction score
No doubt the Carli, when it's released, will be nice, and a much more expensive option. The OP - @Nathan - asked about longer links, though. That could easily give him an extra 1/2" of height like he wants, without much difference in wheel travel, for under $140. What's that Carli kit going to cost?

jpidgie

Reaction score
while not 1/2" to 1", more like 2", I used a readylift airbag spacer and 2" leaf spring riser blocks. You can also raise and lower the air in the bags by loosening the bolt that holds the sensor to the frame, and rotating it. However, raising the pressure in the airbags does have a detrimental effect on ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread