Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedRug - Like? Don't Like?

jadmt

Reaction score
I love mine. So far have been able to remove some gas and oil from a leaky chainsaw without issue. Didn't get any tags last year so didn't have a chance to test the blood. With 4 tags between the wife and I this year, I'm still debating whether to remove it for that that week or put it to the test.
put a plastic tarp over it when hunting. I was never one to let my animals bleed all over the back of my truck...

ClawSS

Reaction score
Id be willing to try one if they did. I dont feel like cutting a non rambox one up to fit. However there's no wheel wells to hold it in there.
So would I. I have Line-X, but sometimes you'd like to haul something a bit more fragile (furniture) that can take a bedrug level of scuff, but not a Line-X level of gouge in the event of slipage.
I know that I can "horse mat" the thing, but damn those things are heavy to remove.

Maybe someday BedRug will just make a SKU that fits a 6'4" Rambox. Couldn't be too hard to just produce a "build to order" p/n of straight - flat - no molds needed (other than the bottom ribs).

Jsboening

Reaction score

Ron045

Reaction score
I guess AutoAnything got tired of me shopping and leaving things in my cart without buying. They just gave me 15% off a bedrug and sent me a $10 voucher to use at the same time.

Reactions: SL1

el_barto

Reaction score
I remember seeing a bed rug in my buddy’s truck a few years ago and asked him “why would anyone want carpet in the bed of their truck; he explained it’s super durable…I didn’t really believe him.

Fast forward a few years a kept seeing good reviews, did a bit more investigation and realized it is not normal Carpet but Truely is more rugged and easy to clean, and ended up getting the bed mat w/ tailgate mat to go under my topper.

It is rugged, and pretty easy to clean (leaf blower works pretty good for loose dirt). It makes crawling in the bed with the topper easy and painless.

It makes Camping in the bed awesome because it helps insulate, it levels out the ridges and adds and extra layer of squish below the sleeping pad, and it’s soft for when you are crawling around in there.

10/10 would recommend

Jsboening

Reaction score
I bought one for my rambox bed. I’ll have to modify it to fit but it’ll be worth it.

Tim_G

Reaction score
I bought one for my rambox bed. I’ll have to modify it to fit but it’ll be worth it.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but wondering how this turned out for you, or anyone that's made any modification to get something to fit with the Ramboxes.

Last edited:

Ron045

Reaction score
A year and a half in and I love mine. There have been a couple of times we got dirt, leaves and debris in the bed. It washed out with a hose just like they advertise.

Tim_G

Reaction score
Do you have a standard bed or a Rambox bed? I'm trying to find out if there's any way to modify something to make it fit the Rambox bed. It's surprising something doesn't already exist for it off the shelf.

Razzman

Reaction score
Do you have a standard bed or a Rambox bed? I'm trying to find out if there's any way to modify something to make it fit the Rambox bed. It's surprising something doesn't already exist for it off the shelf.
It's a piece of cake to modify, I cut an XLT Bed Mat from my previous non-rambox truck and it works perfectly. I measured the bed width, marked the center line with tape on the bed mat, split the bed width measurement and marked the mat on both sides using a straight edge and cut with a utility knife. had to get a little creative at the tailgate but worked perfectly.

Enve46

Reaction score
Love the bed rugs, as mentioned easy to modify. I got tired of buying them so I kept switching between my TRX beds and 2500. Little short on the 2500 but it’s nice having some protection for personal items from the roughness of the bedliner- wife would bitch about stroller getting scratched. Also makes loading things in and out easy to slide.

Tim_G

Reaction score
It's a piece of cake to modify, I cut an XLT Bed Mat from my previous non-rambox truck and it works perfectly. I measured the bed width, marked the center line with tape on the bed mat, split the bed width measurement and marked the mat on both sides using a straight edge and cut with a utility knife. had to get a little creative at the tailgate but worked perfectly.

Ahhhhh, I gotcha! Yeah, I figured I was going to have to go the trimmed XLT route. I was hoping you had modified a different style in order to get the side protection as well.

wrvond

Reaction score
I'm not able to find one for the 5th wheel puck system so conclude it's not offered. Any of you guys cut out holes for the 5th wheel? How did that work out?

Etoimos

Reaction score
I've had mine in for just under 2 years now and still love it. It is super easy to clean and makes messing around in the back of the truck way more comfortable. It is easy to cut with a utility knife if you need to make a custom opening in it. A spade style drill bit works really well to cut circular holes in it. The only issue I have had with it is that the tailgate portion of it did not stay stuck down to the plastic trim at the top of the tailgate. No matter what I tried, nothing would keep it adhered down. I eventually just dilled some holes in it to match the bolts and trim clips along the tailgate and used those to hold it in place. It has worked well so far.

This is what the bottom of it looks like with the adhesive tape used to hold it in place.

index.php

Installed.

index.php

My dog Maximus really enjoys it as well. He now likes to hop in the bed anytime I'm working on the truck and just hang out.

index.php

ppine

Reaction score
I start with a thick Husky rubber mat. For sleeping in the truck I add an inflatable pad that goes from wheel well to wheel well. I like it fine, except in cold temperatures sleeping back there around all of that cold steel become uncomfortable around 20 degrees F. I have thought about a rug package for the floor the sides and the tail gate.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I start with a thick Husky rubber mat. For sleeping in the truck I add an inflatable pad that goes from wheel well to wheel well. I like it fine, except in cold temperatures sleeping back there around all of that cold steel become uncomfortable around 20 degrees F. I have thought about a rug package for the floor the sides and the tail gate.
Closed cell foam…always warm

Users who are viewing this thread