Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Deflector

el_barto

Reaction score
No I don't. Could you explain why you say it sounds ridiculous?
You said “if you’re waiting for scientific proof, you will never get a deflector”... so basically if I’m waiting to for the proof it will never come. If the product works so great it should be easy to validate with a test.

if Someone said “this intake will increase horsepower and decrease flow restriction “ but never shows any tests to prove it...would you believe them?

John Jensen

Reaction score
You said “if you’re waiting for scientific proof, you will never get a deflector”... so basically if I’m waiting to for the proof it will never come.
You read and understood it perfectly. I still don't understand why you say it sounds ridiculous, it's a fact.

Last edited:

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Dang! I missed another one that went South. It's OK @Rockcrawlerdude we still like you even though you have that big-ass beautiful bumper. LOL

I could have used a bird deflector this week. Unfortunately, I had a hawk fly out of a tree and right in front of me. I was on the brakes and he almost made it but made the wrong turn at the end. I went back and picked the bird up hoping it was just knocked out. It didn't make it. Sucks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang! I missed another one that went South. It's OK @Rockcrawlerdude we still like you even though you have that big-ass beautiful bumper. LOL

I could have used a bird deflector this week. Unfortunately, I had a hawk fly out of a tree and right in front of me. I was on the brakes and he almost made it but made the wrong turn at the end. I went back and picked the bird up hoping it was just knocked out. It didn't make it. Sucks.

We hit a Turkey Buzzard going through the Dakotas one year on our way back from the Black Hills. Missed the truck by >< that much and nailed the cap on the fiver. Giant spiderweb cracks I didn't see until weeks later.

My travel buddy said it did a few spirals and crash landed out in a field.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Lol I feel like I’m always around when they go south. I guess I just trigger some folks.

poor hawk.

Maiker

Reaction score
I just ordered my Bug Deflector yesterday. Should be here next week. Hopefully it's easy to install, "Plug and Play". :cool:

Lary0071

Reaction score
I just ordered my Bug Deflector yesterday. Should be here next week. Hopefully it's easy to install, "Plug and Play". :cool:
All you'll do is use a fiberglass reinforced nylon trim removal tool (available dirt cheap at Harbor Freight) to remove I believe 7 of the plastic trim retainer plugs that hold your rubber hood seal on. You'll remove 6 that get replaced with the new ones that pass through the rubber as well as the hood protector, and the very center one because it may prevent you from getting the protector back under the hood seal far enough.

It should take about 10 minutes.

You can use other steel tools to pry out (they will all break) the factory retainers, but use rags or do something to prevent you from scratching or otherwise damaging your vehicle.

6f7837ab42e2f1729d9377edebdabe2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

whitexc

Reaction score
Yeah install is pretty straightforward.

Side note.....bugs still hit the lower portion of my windshield. No scientific proof of functionality. Just stating what actually happens.

I still like the look.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1FstGPa

Reaction score
My purpose for putting one on is to protect the leading edge of the hood from rock dings.

Very nice! I like the look on how well it blends in with the grille.

Just two questions:

1. Just to verify, who is the manufacturer on this piece?

&

2. How much space is there between the top of hood and bottom of deflector? I other words, enough to slip a hand in between to wash/dry/wax that portion of the hood?

I honestly do not know enough about bug deflectors, but I am game to add one to my truck. Especially, with the buggy season we are going with!!!

kxnate

Reaction score

Just two questions:

&

2. How much space is there between the top of hood and bottom of deflector? I other words, enough to slip a hand in between to wash/dry/wax that portion of the hood?

I honestly do not know enough about bug deflectors, but I am game to add one to my truck. Especially, with the buggy season we are going with!!!

It is a Mopar brand deflector. There is probably only about 3/4" or so between the hood and the deflector, not really enough room to get your hand in. I just stuff my wash mitt in under it and slide it around to clean under it best you can.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-120912_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210708-120912_eBay.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 43

BroKV

Reaction score

Just two questions:

&

Mine is AVS Bugflector II, quite a bit cheaper than Mopar. Still have to pop the hood to clean as bugs get right up in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I bet Tacomaworld is all a flutter with JustJ talking about the alternate lifestyle extreme progressives that infect hdrams and are ruining the country (oblivious to the fact that a large percentage of members are from Canada.)

ETA: post altered to avoid offending those lacking the ability to detect sarcasm and humor.

Last edited:

1FstGPa

Reaction score
Welp! Based on conjecture on how well they work, appearance and such, I bought one. These flippin' bugs are unreal this year. If this helps, even in the tiniest degree, I am all for it! Now if I can just fine one for the backside of the mirrors and the front of the fifth wheel, I'll have it made!

CDNgoat

Reaction score
I ve had these deflectors on all my trucks, have one on my 2000 and it stands straight up, it works ok somewhat, but they all install under the hood and the new ones lay even flatter , my point is that allot of dirt and leaves get trapped under the deflector and make them hard to clean unless you remove them, as far as stone chips I guess it would work but the new truck has the whole front end painted so I think its more for look on the new model so I,m going to pass

68vertvetty

Reaction score
Question.... Do you know if there are clear deflectors available for a 21 2500? I had bought a clear bug deflector in the past and had it painted to mach my Denali, looked and worked well. I was thinking that I would follow the same method with my Ram but can't find a clear bug deflector available.

Users who are viewing this thread