Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't find the trailer TPMS

fedacjjt24jd

Reaction score
I have been communicating with Rod Romain. He is the engineer from RAM that developed the system and explained how it works. Here is the threads from our conversations.

Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 5:37 AM
To: Carl Feda
Cc: Jason Feda
Subject: Re: FW: TTPMS on Ram HD trucks

The sales code is XG9 it requires:
Optional equipment group A61, A62, or A63 depending on what level trim
Must have XHC electric trailer brake controller
Also must have 8.4 radio or better

Let me know if the dealer is still telling you it's not available.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 7:28 PM Carl Feda <cfeda@danfoss.com> wrote:
Thank Rod

Carl Feda
Senior Account Manager

Danfoss Power Solutions (US) Company

2800 East 13th Street
Ames, IA 50010
Tel: (515) 290-3380
e-mail: cfeda@danfoss.com
http://www.danfoss.com
http://www.powersolutions.danfoss.com

Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 5:22 PM

I will need to check, I will get back to you Monday or Tuesday next week. I currently am on vacation.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020, 9:13 AM Carl Feda <cfeda@danfoss.com> wrote:
Rod

Thank you for the reply. I know you do not have to reply to these however I really appreciate that you are. I want to make sure when I send my order in for the RAM 3500 longhorn that I have both the keep your eye on cargo i.e. Horses in the horse trailer and TTPMS to keep an eye on the trailer tire pressure and temp. What two option codes or option packages do I need to have in order to make sure those are included from the factory. The dealers do not seam to know. I have been to more than a half dozen and they say it does not exist in the order configurator for 2019 or 2020.

Once again thanks for your help.

Carl Feda
Senior Account Manager

2800 East 13th Street
Ames, IA 50010

Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020 4:04 PM

Carl my 2020 Ram 3500 has TTPMS. Any 2020 if ordered with TPMS can be ordered with TTPMS. If it is not built with it adding it later I don't believe would be an option with the tools the dealer has available.

Klinger

Reaction score
I have been communicating with Rod Romain. He is the engineer from RAM that developed the system and explained how it works. Here is the threads from our conversations.

Sent: Monday, January 6, 2020 5:37 AM

The sales code is XG9 it requires:
Optional equipment group A61, A62, or A63 depending on what level trim
Must have XHC electric trailer brake controller
Also must have 8.4 radio or better

Let me know if the dealer is still telling you it's not available.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 7:28 PM Carl Feda <cfeda@danfoss.com> wrote:
Thank Rod

Carl Feda
Senior Account Manager

2800 East 13th Street
Ames, IA 50010

Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 5:22 PM

I will need to check, I will get back to you Monday or Tuesday next week. I currently am on vacation.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020, 9:13 AM Carl Feda <cfeda@danfoss.com> wrote:
Rod

Thank you for the reply. I know you do not have to reply to these however I really appreciate that you are. I want to make sure when I send my order in for the RAM 3500 longhorn that I have both the keep your eye on cargo i.e. Horses in the horse trailer and TTPMS to keep an eye on the trailer tire pressure and temp. What two option codes or option packages do I need to have in order to make sure those are included from the factory. The dealers do not seam to know. I have been to more than a half dozen and they say it does not exist in the order configurator for 2019 or 2020.

Once again thanks for your help.

Carl Feda
Senior Account Manager

2800 East 13th Street
Ames, IA 50010

Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020 4:04 PM

Carl my 2020 Ram 3500 has TTPMS. Any 2020 if ordered with TPMS can be ordered with TTPMS. If it is not built with it adding it later I don't believe would be an option with the tools the dealer has available.
I had it on my order for my Limited 3500 CC HO but a list I saw had Dltd next to it

jsalbre

Reaction score
I had it on my order for my Limited 3500 CC HO but a list I saw had Dltd next to it

The ”Tire Pressure Monitoring Delete” is on all 3500s as they have tire pressure “information”, not “monitoring”. They tell you pressures, but don’t alert on low pressure. This has no connection to Trailer TPMS.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
The ”Tire Pressure Monitoring Delete” is on all 3500s as they have tire pressure “information”, not “monitoring”. They tell you pressures, but don’t alert on low pressure. This has no connection to Trailer TPMS.
So Rod Romain (post #41) has his wires crossed and his 2020 3500 doesn't have TTPMS?

jsalbre

Reaction score
So Rod Romain (post #41) has his wires crossed and his 2020 3500 doesn't have TTPMS?

My comment wasn’t about the above stuff from Rod, simply the “Tire Pressure Monitoring Delete” that everyone with a 3500 has been seeing on their build sheets.

What I was saying as that not having tire pressure monitoring is not related to whether or not the vehicle has TTPMS.

I for one really hope that Rod does have TTPMS, because then maybe it’ll turn up on my truck. I’m not holding my breath though, as the 2020 Law Enforcement Fleet guide says “late availability”. Of course it also says late availability for the trailer camera prep, and my build sheet says I have it.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
My comment wasn’t about the above stuff from Rod, simply the “Tire Pressure Monitoring Delete” that everyone with a 3500 has been seeing on their build sheets.

What I was saying as that not having tire pressure monitoring is not related to whether or not the vehicle has TTPMS.

I for one really hope that Rod does have TTPMS, because then maybe it’ll turn up on my truck. I’m not holding my breath though, as the 2020 Law Enforcement Fleet guide says “late availability”. Of course it also says late availability for the trailer camera prep, and my build sheet says I have it.
Ack but... why then are build sheets deleting a system that is not even an option for these particular vehicles.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ack but... why then are build sheets deleting a system that is not even an option for these particular vehicles.

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe the default programming for the computer includes the monitoring, so it has to be changed to not?

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I have a new 2020 Longhorn on order and I have been reading this thread. I questioned my dealer and they informed me that they will be on my truck when it arrives. along with Lane Keep Assist. LOL, I guess I will just have to wait a few more weeks for the truck to arrive before I start raising stink at them and refuse it. I was going to get another make but I ordered Ram instead. I hope I didn't make a mistake ! I wish everyone luck on getting this mess straightened out.

Klinger

Reaction score
I have a new 2020 Longhorn on order and I have been reading this thread. I questioned my dealer and they informed me that they will be on my truck when it arrives. along with Lane Keep Assist. LOL, I guess I will just have to wait a few more weeks for the truck to arrive before I start raising stink at them and refuse it. I was going to get another make but I ordered Ram instead. I hope I didn't make a mistake ! I wish everyone luck on getting this mess straightened out.
Mine does show lane assist and everything including the 50gal tank Just doesn’t show ttpms

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Mine does show lane assist and everything including the 50gal tank Just doesn’t show ttpms

The dealer told me it was included in one of the packages I ordered and that is why it isn't listed individually. You know the saying "I will believe it when I see it"
I have attached a copy of my vehicle equipment sheet if you want to compare it to yours.
P.S. it does't show up on my vehicle equipment sheet either. Here a download link if you want to get a copy of yours : https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Attachments

• EquipmentList.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jeffmc306

Reaction score
Guys, I submitted a question to Fast Lane Trucks asking if they knew if RAM would offer a retrofit kit for the TTPMS on 2019-2020 HD Ram trucks and got a response from Andre. He said they would answer my question on Friday’s FLT Now live stream on YouTube. They either ran out of time or had too many questions about their Gladiator Truck.

I’m thinking if more people from the HD Ram Forum submit the same question they may investigate it and get us an answer. Send an email to ask@tfltruck.com with your question! Let’s see if Andre and the guys can get an update!

Subject Line: RAM Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor - will a kit be available for 2019 RAM HD trucks?
Hello Jeff,

We will address your questions in our TFLnow Youtube live show
tomorrow at noon PST / 3pm EST.

Thanks,
Andre

Andre Smirnov
Producer & Managing Editor - TFLtruck.com
Author - TruckNutsBook.com

andre@tfltruck.com

fedacjjt24jd

Reaction score
I did here back for Rod and he said he mislead me a little bit. He said the TTPMS will be available on orders after March 1 2020. I think what is happening here is they released the option, found out they had issues with it and pulled it back and now are "hoping" it will be fixed by March 1 2020 orders.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I did here back for Rod and he said he mislead me a little bit. He said the TTPMS will be available on orders after March 1 2020. I think what is happening here is they released the option, found out they had issues with it and pulled it back and now are "hoping" it will be fixed by March 1 2020 orders.
What I want to know is what they are going to do for all of us early adopters who bought trucks with a HEAVILY advertised system that was quietly left off. How do they plan on making that option available to us.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
What I want to know is what they are going to do for all of us early adopters who bought trucks with a HEAVILY advertised system that was quietly left off. How do they plan on making that option available to us.

I am wondering the same thing.. I have a vehicle ordered that should be delivered on or before 2-3-2020 and my dealer guaranteed me it was on the order and was approved for build or they would have notified him.. We will see.. I may not take it unless it is installed on the truck.. I wish everyone luck with theirs as well !

R.J.

Reaction score
I was able to add the Trailer Camera Wiring prep (XFQ) to the configyration, but I think this comes as a kit from Mopar as well to add later.

I really hope the TTPMS will work as an addition when it becomes available.

craiglud

Reaction score
Interesting conversation regarding the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring. From the above from Rod it sounds like it may not be able to be added after the build. I have an order placed as was able to add the trailer camera wiring prep as others have also been able to do. I'm thinking if the TTPMS is supposed to be resolved in March, I am going to cancel my existing order and start again when it can be added to the build. I'll talk to my dealer again today. A couple days ago they said FCA did not have any details about availability of TTPMS.

mlink

Reaction score
I'm working on the same issue and am about to place an order for a 2020 3500 Limited CC LB DRW.
I was able to add the XFQ (Aux Camera Wiring), but like everyone else, unable to add the XG9 (TTPMS) code to the order so far.
I, also, have my dealer checking with his contact at FCA today because I'm definitely not having them submit my order until I can be sure it will be produced with TTPMS. I tow a 15,000# 5'er and hate those 3rd Party velcro'd-down monitors sitting on the dash.

My main question, based on above entries, is: Will the TTPMS be available on trucks ordered after March 1st, or will it be available on trucks produced after March 1st??

Hopefully, I too will have something to add to this thread later today - as RAM Cares seems to be keeping a low profile and volunteering nothing to the news flow on this issue.

craiglud

Reaction score
This is just my experience so far. I placed my order for 2500 Limited on 1/7. After discussing the monitor and the TTPMS system with the dealer more he called back and added the XFQ to the order on 1/21 as they have not started the build yet. He is keeping my order in for right now and is going to try again to add the XG9(TTPMS) to the order before it starts the build. It would seem that as long as you get it added before the build starts it will be on the truck. I will post back after I speak to him today.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I guess my salesperson isn't aware of any of this as I have confirmed with him on several occasions that the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring along with several other things will be on my truck. If it isn't, I guess they will have to either Add it or Order me another truck ? I have lost credibility with my salesman, as for some reason he isn't willing to keep me informed on my order status and I have to go by to see him as half the time he doesn't reply to my TXT messages. It appears his personal problems are interfering with his paying job.

craiglud

Reaction score
I visited with my sales guy today. Im at the same place. Cancel and reorder when its available - or - keep the current order in and try to update it with the TTPMS when it is available. Since my order was placed about Jan 10th he thinks they will start the build pretty soon. He didn't know but It would seem that once the build starts and all the parts are pulled it would be very difficult to change anything. I'll make a decision on Monday I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread