Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo Camera Issues - Black Screen in the middle of the day.

Metternacht

Reaction score
So My Cargo Camera is acting up. I have had the dealer look at it and they ended up replacing the camera. but After I picked it up today it is doing it again. What is happening is the following:
Camera functions fine in the morning when I get in the truck, After parking at work. Outside no shade. when i get in the truck to got lunch. around 12:30pm the camera doesn't work. all other camera's are fine. Cargo is just a black screen. Sometimes when I get back from lunch it is working again. around 1:30pm. but it is usually always functioning at the end of the day 5:00pm on the way home.

I feel this started after the last OTA update. but can't prove that. its been going on since at least October 2023. Anyone having similar experiences? Not sure if it is a heat issue, but it has happened when parked in the shade at home also. Any insights appreciated.

superjoe83

Reaction score
So My Cargo Camera is acting up. I have had the dealer look at it and they ended up replacing the camera. but After I picked it up today it is doing it again. What is happening is the following:
Camera functions fine in the morning when I get in the truck, After parking at work. Outside no shade. when i get in the truck to got lunch. around 12:30pm the camera doesn't work. all other camera's are fine. Cargo is just a black screen. Sometimes when I get back from lunch it is working again. around 1:30pm. but it is usually always functioning at the end of the day 5:00pm on the way home.

I feel this started after the last OTA update. but can't prove that. its been going on since at least October 2023. Anyone having similar experiences? Not sure if it is a heat issue, but it has happened when parked in the shade at home also. Any insights appreciated.
Mine is acting very similar, works normally when cool, but acts up when it's In the sun for awhile. When it acts up I can usually get it to work by giving the 3rd brake light a few hits with my fist. I was planning on taking it in this summer when I go in for the recalls.
It's interesting that they replaced yours and it's still having the issue. I wonder if it's a connection issue since mine works with some pounding on it

Metternacht

Reaction score
Mine is acting very similar, works normally when cool, but acts up when it's In the sun for awhile. When it acts up I can usually get it to work by giving the 3rd brake light a few hits with my fist. I was planning on taking it in this summer when I go in for the recalls.
It's interesting that they replaced yours and it's still having the issue. I wonder if it's a connection issue since mine works with some pounding on it
I tried the Hit it Fonzie Style and it came back on. So a possible connection seems plausible. will see what the dealer says when I go back in.

Users who are viewing this thread