Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carli fox front shocks 2500 vs 3500

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows what the difference in the front shocks only would be between a 2500 diesel 4x4 and 3500 diesel 4x4. I am specifically looking for info on the carli tuned fox 2.0 ipf front shocks. I contacted carli and they werent able to tell me any information about how they are different just that there is a different part number and probably different valving, but couldnt tell me what the real difference is or for what purpose. I know they are dimensionally identical. I have a set of BNIB carli fox front shocks for a 2500 and was hoping to use them on my 3500 but not sure what ill effects there might be. To be honest I cant image they would be worse than the stock shocks.. any input is welcomed.

RPS1030

Reaction score
Are the different part numbers because the rear shocks are different?

Since they've gone to their own shocks, it's tougher to look up. But the instructions/shock pages show the full sets, therefore different numbers correspond to the set being different for the rear.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Are the different part numbers because the rear shocks are different?

Since they've gone to their own shocks, it's tougher to look up. But the instructions/shock pages show the full sets, therefore different numbers correspond to the set being different for the rear.
no the individual part numbers are different, and according to their tech support "the valving is different" They couldn't tell me how or why. The springs used are identical as well.

Users who are viewing this thread