Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Closing Diamondback bed cover cab side

BadKarma

Reaction score
For those of you who have the diamondback. Is it normal to have to put a weight on it to close it or sit on it? I’m talking about the cab side. The tailgate side no issues, I also ask with sarcasm because I know you shouldn’t have too. But, if I don’t put my air compressor or a 5 gallon jug of water on it, It won’t close enough to lock. I hate the idea of having to buy the headache rack just to get it to close without a hassle. I’ve spent 2 hours trying to adjust it and play with it but same end result. Did I not eat my allotted amount of crayons or??!

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
I must have mine looser then you do. If I push down on it from the
Driver's side, it will close, but if I go push on the passenger side after it is latched, I can hear and feel the rod engage the bedside further.

BadKarma

Reaction score
When you say looser, is there any adjustment I can do? Or is it just a tight strut? I also noticed I seem to have lost one of the locking rod end caps and that’s the side I have an issue with. I’ll order another one but I don’t see how that has anything to do with closing the lid with ease. When it’s shut and locked there’s no seal issues it’s just initially getting it closed that’s difficult

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
This is the back, but the front is the same. If you loosen the nuts, you can slide the plate up or down and it controls how tightly the lock rod holds against the underside of the bedrail.

Attachments

• 20240324_111411.jpg
    20240324_111411.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread