Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GospelRecording

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I love my new 2500 Longhorn! My only complaint is the terrible vision the tow mirrors provide when driving. Can I use them - obviously yes. Do I like them, Are they good, Are they on par with the rest of this awesome truck? No Way. In my opinion they could be vastly improved - especially the 1:1 main plate mirror. I have read a lot about this issue and this is a common complaint with this truck series - I am not the only owner who doesn't like the mirror set up.

Here is my question. Why hasn't some company came up with an aftermarket SLIGHTLY CONVEX mirror to replace the flat plate main mirror on these things? That simple upgrade would go a long way toward helping this issue in my opinion. I'd even buy one that would stick on and overlay the current main mirror! My 08 Duramax has smaller mirrors but because of their slight curve they are Much Easier To See With whether on the highway or in reverse.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

snayte

Reaction score
The flat mirror is like the only thing I do not like about my truck

Truckman

Reaction score
I guess I am the odd man out. Definitely only want the main mirror to be flat glass, even though I don't care for the design of the mirror as long as they are up/out I have become used to them as is.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I guess I am the odd man out. Definitely only want the main mirror to be flat glass, even though I don't care for the design of the mirror as long as they are up/out I have become used to them as is.
I am in the same boat i like em expecially when looking down the passenger side of my 36ft 5th wheel you can see much further back with ease, my only complaint is no heated convex from factory…

UglyViking

Reaction score
Also interested. The pass primary mirror is by far my least favorite part of this truck. If you plan to have something made I'd be interested in one.

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
My largest issue with my new 2022 Laramie 2500 is... The passenger mirror. After 3 weeks with my new truck I still cannot understand the large mirror and must force myself to look at the little convex mirror.

Why such an unsafe and limited view of the most important perspective (passenger blind-spot) while driving?
Even my $20 SXS mirror shows everything from the body of my vehicle into the lane, exposing all of that blind spot in a small mirror.

I improved my problem immensely by removing the rear passenger headrest and tuned the rearview mirror curbside to include the improved view. It's much better over-the-shoulder view and I can see more in the mirror. (Only a dog occupies the rear seats)

(I tried flipping them up, as this resolves the issue for others but, it also make my truck 8" wider, which sucks on New England tight roads).

Last edited:

cquilichini

Reaction score
I actually talked to a couple of sideview mirror manufacturers to see if they could cut a convex sideview mirror for my passenger side mirror to replace the flat one. And all said they couldn't since the car from factory had a flat mirror and they would be violating the FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards).

Last edited:

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
If the whole mirror was flat it would be fine for me..I hate the giant convex mirror and where it is. I am thinking of busting it out of there and cutting a piece of flat mirror that would glue to the existing flat and is big as the whole mirror assembly.
I would like to see the lane to the right, down the side of my truck and the curb or line of a parking spot while backing in would be nice too….like a real sideview

Aaandroger

Reaction score
I shot an email to Suma performance. I had a set of their convex mirrors on the wife's 4runner and we were very happy with the upgrade.

I'll post up their response!

Aaandroger

Reaction score
Heard back from Suma. They will do a pre-production run. Just need at least 20 folks. Cost will in line with their bronco mirrors, and depend on options:

-anti glare (blue)
- defroster
- blind spot monitor

Here is the link for the bronco mirrors.

I guess once we have at least 20 interested people, I'll will reach out to them for a purchase link.

1. Aaandroger
2. Cquilichini--2 sets
3. Pool monkey
4. Rockarhyme
5. Christofo
6. mr_mbuna
7. IDK_ram
8. rb92673
9. Papa_smurf
10. Khsgt
11. Andersen24--2 sets
12. Chris1911
13. duckhunter71
14. Riddick
15. 04kat600
16. Daverous (5th Gen Forum)
17. Aljkdlwe

Last edited:

cquilichini

Reaction score
Heard back from Suma. They will do a pre-production run. Just need at least 20 folks. Cost will in line with their bronco mirrors, and depend on options:

-anti glare (blue)
- defroster
- blind spot monitor

I guess once we have at least 20 interested people, I'll will reach out to them for a purchase link.

1. Aaandroger
Count me in. just want to make sure, this is to replace the larger mirror of the passenger side, not the outside convex one.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score

-anti glare (blue)
- defroster
- blind spot monitor

1. Aaandroger

I'm in! not interested in the blue though... would like it to match the driver mirror in appearance if at all possible. defroster and BSM for sure tho

Users who are viewing this thread