Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Demco EZ-Latch Trailer Coupler

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have one on a Big Tex single axle trailer and it seems to work well.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Airstream has been using them since 2020. They work great IMHO. The only “gotcha” is that while you don’t need a pin for safety, if you want to lock it you’ll have to get a special pin because “normal” lock pins don’t fit. The pin goes through the hole in front of the DEMCO label in that Amazon listing you posted.

Barryg

Reaction score
I have a couple of them. One on a 12k dump trailer and one on a 15k equipment trailer. Both of them have been great, I really like them myself. Hitching and unhitching has always been easy with them never had one of them jam up

I use a BOLT coupler pin lock that is keyed to my truck key. Aside from the key convenience I know that type of lock is not great but better than nothing at least no one can just pull up and drag it off and it serves as a safety as well when pulling.

Darkside

Reaction score
I have one on my PJ gooseneck equipment trailer and on my 15k skid steer trailer, I will eventually be switching all my trailers over. I really like the ease of use, wasn’t to sure about the composite latch handle at first, but it hasn’t given me any issues.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I have a couple of them. One on a 12k dump trailer and one on a 15k equipment trailer. Both of them have been great, I really like them myself. Hitching and unhitching has always been easy with them never had one of them jam up

I use a BOLT coupler pin lock that is keyed to my truck key. Aside from the key convenience I know that type of lock is not great but better than nothing at least no one can just pull up and drag it off and it serves as a safety as well when pulling.
Do you have a link to the lock you have?

Barryg

Reaction score
Sure. Do I think these are the best locks around? Not necessarily but most locks are beatable with a bit of effort and sometimes very little effort, however the key convenience is very nice. With 4 trailers plus a few other locks it is very helpful for me.
The lock I use for the Demco couplers is called the coupler pin lock, but I also use their hitch pin lock, a couple of their cable locks, a cylinder lock for my toolbox in the back of the truck and even one of their padlocks. One key that I have with me all the time fits them all. In any case here is the link to their website but they can be found elsewhere.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Sure. Do I think these are the best locks around? Not necessarily but most locks are beatable with a bit of effort and sometimes very little effort, however the key convenience is very nice. With 4 trailers plus a few other locks it is very helpful for me.
The lock I use for the Demco couplers is called the coupler pin lock, but I also use their hitch pin lock, a couple of their cable locks, a cylinder lock for my toolbox in the back of the truck and even one of their padlocks. One key that I have with me all the time fits them all. In any case here is the link to their website but they can be found elsewhere.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread