Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge 4 digit personal code to limit car RPM

kristof

Reaction score
I live in chicago area and dodges are being stolen everywhere. From dealer parking lot/garage to business parking lots in during the day. Saw an article where dodge made an update to the software that you can program a personal code and if they won't put the code in it will limit the RPM to 675. Can this be put on pickup trucks?

MtnRider

Reaction score
Article (I saw) says sports cars only and it has not actually been released yet so who knows? Maybe if the locals up there start stealing more trucks it will put them on the radar for the update?

kristof

Reaction score
Article (I saw) says sports cars only and it has not actually been released yet so who knows? Maybe if the locals up there start stealing more trucks it will put them on the radar for the update?

I just don't want to be that first one that get his truck stolen ;) It's pretty bad here. Every day they stole few of them. Just last night they stole two chargers from dealer parking lot. Saw video of them doing it. It's crazy because they dealer is located at the busiest street in town

Wobly

Reaction score
I have read on some of the TRX forums that they have it available on their trucks. A few people have activated it by accident and didn't know what it did.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
The limiter sounds pretty cool. We have a problem with diesel trucks being stolen in SoCal. I had the Ravelco immobilizer system installed. Most of the thefts around here have been low tech and not someone with a tow truck. Not sure how much it will help but I feel better when my truck is parked somewhere for any length of time.

GBB

Reaction score
I was told by a sales manager that trucks are limited to 5 mph when they leave factory and dealer reprograms them after they receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread