Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dpf problems regen frequency!!

IDC2022

Reaction score
Hello everybody I was having a problem with my truck staying in regen frequency automatic check engine light on with code p2459

So a freind of mine said to try hot shots diesel extreme! 16oz later send lke truck has come out of automatic regeneration

Not a mechanic but this seem to work for me .

I just order this $269 a gallon Pittsburgh power dpf cleaner 2 oz per 50 gallons of diesel . Suppose to clean all the soot out of dpf and engine . I’ll keep you guys posted !

Aketay

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I suppose you have read a lot on here and determined to take the action you are suggesting. What year make model and how many miles do you have?

Dodgeman

Reaction score
Hello everybody I was having a problem with my truck staying in regen frequency automatic check engine light on with code p2459

So a freind of mine said to try hot shots diesel extreme! 16oz later send lke truck has come out of automatic regeneration

Not a mechanic but this seem to work for me .

I just order this $269 a gallon Pittsburgh power dpf cleaner 2 oz per 50 gallons of diesel . Suppose to clean all the soot out of dpf and engine . I’ll keep you guys posted !
Does anyone have any experience or insight to this product? Pittsburgh Power Max Mileage. I'm assuming this is what the OP is referring to. I didn't see anything else called "dpf cleaner" on their site. I'm skeptical of additives in general but if something have been proven to work, I'm willing to consider it.

Dodgeman

Reaction score
On their website, they claim this additive reduces the burn temp of soot by 250*F thus making passive regen more effective at lower temperatures. I’m still curious if annyone has tried or uses this product.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
On their website, they claim this additive reduces the burn temp of soot by 250*F thus making passive regen more effective at lower temperatures. I’m still curious if annyone has tried or uses this product.
They can make all the claims they want does not make it true…

Users who are viewing this thread