Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver Door Gasket Noise

sstoner911

Reaction score
I just started noticing the drives door gasket making noise when I am on a bumpy road or wash board dirt road. Its an annoying squeak and I am not sure how to fix it. The doors naturally flex under these type of road and the gasket looks perfect and does not leak. Anyone ever had this?

I am thinking about wiping it down wit armor all or silicone spray.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
a little silicone spray, or some other lube. be sure to clean the weatherstripping before hand.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I put some bedliner conditioner on the gasket on the door and body - went for a drive a little later and no noise. See how long it lasts. I have a 4 hour trip in the morning so as long as it lasts for the trip home and back I am good!

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
once this freak ice storm gets outta texas, will be time for a detailed detail, and gasket conditioning is on the list.

sstoner911

Reaction score
once this freak ice storm gets outta texas, will be time for a detailed detail, and gasket conditioning is on the list.

My oldest daughter lives in Dallas - she sent pictures the other day. Crazy how the weather turned. We were there for Christmas and we would have never guessed snow was coming a couple months later!

Users who are viewing this thread