Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flare recommendations please.....

CrimeCruncher

Reaction score
Just got my 2500 level-lifted and added new wheels....Now it's obvious I need fender flares.....Looking for brand suggestions, and whether or not I should have them painted to match??? I appreciate any suggestions or pics, especially if ya have one in Delmonico Red! Thanks!!!IMG_0522.jpg

Wrayzor

Reaction score
Changed up the flares (Buswacker Forge Fender Flares) to this after a front end accident and installed a new AEV bumper to flow with the theme.AEV Bumper Complete Right.jpg

Last edited:

Wrayzor

Reaction score
Looks great! I was leaning towards getting them color matched, but can't find any for the 2500 in my color. Did you have your local shop paint those?
Yes, local shop did a perfect paint match. Where are you located?

Chris1911

Reaction score
Mopar OEM flares painted locally to match.

52616024556_6a4075a0dd_c.jpg

wilsonck

Reaction score
I think you have about 4 options.
- regular OEM flares off a laramie, limited, etc.
- OEM Power Wagon flares
-OEM Offroad flares as pictured above (blue flares)
- Bushwacker flares

Wrayzor

Reaction score
- OEM Power Wagon flares
- Bushwacker flares
OEM flares from a Laramie or Limited provide hardly any protection and to properly install them require you to drill holes in the sides of your fenders. They are more for looks.98FEF4A3-28AC-4516-8363-518F9B669BE4.jpeg

Last edited:

Wrayzor

Reaction score
I wish SCA, who makes the Black Widow package, would sell their flares separately but they won’t. Those provide max coverage and make all other flares look small.E2F9B9E3-4B3B-44E0-B091-B414E744B132.jpeg

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
- OEM Power Wagon flares
- Bushwacker flares
I'd bump that # a bit, as Bushwacker makes five different styles for our trucks, plus Rough Country two, Husky two, EGR two, Lund, FabFours, Spec-D, AEV, Air Design.

Last edited:

Wholeo

Reaction score
Interesting, I thought they used Bushwackers.
Bushwhacker might make them, but they have their own design that includes a small flare at the back of each one similar to the little flare on the Laramie front fender.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Bushwhacker might make them, but they have their own design that includes a small flare at the back of each one similar to the little flare on the Laramie front fender.
Unless this is all just trickery, it really looks like they mold their own.

Wholeo

Reaction score
I do prefer the look of the Black Widow flares, they for sure are their own design. Another thing to consider is how far your tires poke out past your fenders. I had 35/12.50 with 0 offset on the orange truck in my picture that stuck out about 1" and looked proportionate. After putting the Bushwackers on the tires looked small and too tucked in, drove me crazy so I traded it in for the truck I'm spending way too much money to customize. Here I go again LOL.

CrimeCruncher

Reaction score
I do prefer the look of the Black Widow flares, they for sure are their own design. Another thing to consider is how far your tires poke out past your fenders. I had 35/12.50 with 0 offset on the orange truck in my picture that stuck out about 1" and looked proportionate. After putting the Bushwackers on the tires looked small and too tucked in, drove me crazy so I traded it in for the truck I'm spending way too much money to customize. Here I go again LOL.
THIS is exactly what I'm afraid of! LOL...This sounds just like ME! lol (This is my third RAM truck in three years.)

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Just like Wholeo I ran the painted Bushwacker Pocket Style on my 1500.
MountedRims.JPG
Went with the same on my 4th gen 2500, but left them unpainted.
2016_2500.jpg
Still debating on my 4.5 gen, but have been leaning toward either the BW Extend-A-Fender (painted), or the Lund (painted) or BW Forge (unpainted).

Users who are viewing this thread