Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gear indicator option in gauge cluster?

turbojay

Reaction score
I see you have a Cummins so maybe it is a difference with the cluster for the Hemi. Mine has a single character in the center of the top row for the gear indicator and has options to customizer the upper left and upper right displays. Regardless, I'm not seeing Current Gear in the menu at this point.
Again... this does work with the smaller evic... This time with pictures from the bare bones, base line uconnect (no touch screen at all) ram 5500.
View attachment 10622
View attachment 10623
And here's how it displays when it's on..

View attachment 10624

stepbill

Reaction score
Yep, getting ready to say that I found it and Hate to say, they were right :) Go into settings but do not select left, right, center. Keep scrolling down past default and you will see it. Click on it and it will then allow you to say yes or no and it will display next to the D in the EVIC.

g00fy

Reaction score
But it’s so much more fun counting shifts.

It’s like watching an action movie counting rounds fired and wondering why isn’t that sig 229 empty yet?
Hahaha I do the same, watching a movie and I comment to my wife, "wow that revolver must have a 12 oh wait 13 round cylinder!". And she responds with "just shut up and watch the movie".

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Again... this does work with the smaller evic... This time with pictures from the bare bones, base line uconnect (no touch screen at all) ram 5500.
View attachment 10622
View attachment 10623
And here's how it displays when it's on..

View attachment 10624

Yep, getting ready to say that I found it and Hate to say, they were right :) Go into settings but do not select left, right, center. Keep scrolling down past default and you will see it. Click on it and it will then allow you to say yes or no and it will display next to the D in the EVIC.

Must be a Cummins option. My 6.4 doesn’t have this setting. I just checked it. 2019 tradesman lvl 2 with 8.4.

stepbill

Reaction score
I too have the 6.4 2500 tradesman. Did you change the setting first in AlfaObd?

laotudou

Reaction score
2020 RAM 2500 tradesman. I tried several times yesterday, no luck. AlfaOBD update the app this afternoon. Connection status shows right car year now. Current gear also works fine now.

stepbill

Reaction score
2020 RAM 2500 tradesman. I tried several times yesterday, no luck. AlfaOBD update the app this afternoon. Connection status shows right car year now. Current gear also works fine now.
Make sure that when you enter settings, just keep pushing the down arrow and you will scroll through a things (center, left, right....). Keep scrolling and you should run into gear indicator prior to going through all settings.

Tizzy

Reaction score
Hey guys, can I assume this will work in my 2019 2500 Laramie gasser?
Thanks

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I just did this change in alfa. hasn't shown up in the set up menu yet.

Users who are viewing this thread