Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geno's Splash Wham-o Tailgate Protector

Riccochet

Reaction score
Probably works well for keeping that lip from getting dinged. But I would, at the minimum, have clear PPF applied under it. That bottom edge is going to rub straight through the paint in short order.

RJR

Reaction score
I have one also. I like it, but had a strip of the paint protective plastic installed first on the bottom edge. It saves the paint from being ruined and scuffed on the bottom of it. Only thing I don't like is it doesn't cover the very edge on each side of the gate, but the factory piece didn't cover that paint either.

RClark

Reaction score
Has anyone here bought/installed the Geno's Garage "Splash Wham-o" tailgate protector? I am looking at buying one, but was hoping to see some better pictures of one installed on a tailgate. The pics on Geno's site are from too high an angle to see how far down the outside part goes under the bend on the tailgate. If someone here has one, could you please post a couple of pics?
I had one installed in my '05. Only complaint was that the gas struts wore out. Geno's replaced them once. I gave up after that. There was no problem with installation.

flan

Reaction score
I had one installed in my '05. Only complaint was that the gas struts wore out. Geno's replaced them once. I gave up after that. There was no problem with installation.
I think you may have one product confused with another?

Chris1911

Reaction score
52615514847_592287fd6c_b.jpg

Chris1911

Reaction score
It’s not a 100% perfect fit, where it curves under there is a small gap like the lowest angle is a bit too tight. Still ok imho. Better than the factory for sure.

Did you leave the factory trim piece on? Looks like it's sitting high. Mine fits perfect.

snocam

Reaction score
I installed mine just before labor day weekend, and a trip to the Northeast Kingdom of VT. Its a great area to camp and we hauled our bikes up there on the tailgate as usual, the protector worked as I hoped it would. Only thing I've noticed is that when the tailgate is in the sun, the plastic warps a bit. Overall I really like it though.

Users who are viewing this thread