Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK 17 Speaker Stereo Info.

jakebrake

Reaction score
Just wondering these two things:

1. Is the sub woofer for this system in the Mega Cab under the rear seat or does it replace one of the storage boxes.

2. Has or is the update to the stereo giving it more sound now coming from the factory or are the dealers still having to do it and how does it sound after the update.

Thanks

texas.yankee

Reaction score
1. In mega cab there is no box under seat. It's just open area under the seat. There are small storage bins behind the seat. The subwoofer is located inside the passenger side bin, so basically takes up the entire thing.

2. It's hit or miss and depends on the dealer and when vehicle was manufactured. I have no issues with sound quality. Mine was built in May to June time frame FWIW.

jakebrake

Reaction score
my 2018 MC had the Alpine, and the sub woofer was in the dash. so the HK sub woofer is in one of the two storage bins behind the rear seat.

maxsteel

Reaction score
my 2018 MC had the Alpine, and the sub woofer was in the dash. so the HK sub woofer is in one of the two storage bins behind the rear seat.

Weird....my 2015 MC Alpine sub was in rear storage bin just like my 19 MC HK. I didn't think there was much difference between 15 and 18 in regards to the Alpine.

jakebrake

Reaction score
Weird....my 2015 MC Alpine sub was in rear storage bin just like my 19 MC HK. I didn't think there was much difference between 15 and 18 in regards to the Alpine.

I guess they made a change. mine was in the center of the dash. a good sound I might add. WHERE IS THE SUB WOOFER FOR THE 2019 HK SYSTEM in the Mega Cab ?????

Reaction score
In the Mega Cab, it is in the behind-the-seat storage on the passenger side. Takes up quite a bit of room, but includes the sub & amp that runs all the speakers & noise-cancelling system.

jakebrake

Reaction score
It must be a sore spot for Ram. I can't find a pic anywhere on the net or in any videos showing this. Looks like they took away your storage space and maybe flat surface space just for a speaker. Is there a pic anywhere in the world .

Users who are viewing this thread