Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 15 (Pro)

You upgrading?

• No, my iPhone 5 works just fine.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Yes, I'm in the Apple Upgrade Program so its a no brainer, why pay the same $ for last years model

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • iPhone? Ewww

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Something Else besides Tacos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

44Dan44

Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again. I use the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program that comes with Apple Care, zero interest via Citizens. In stores/delivery 22 September, pre-order on 15 September.

Coming from iPhone 14 Pro to iPhone 15 Pro.
This year I am pleased with:
*Slightly less weight, less width, less tall. (old cases won't work)
*Getting rid of the grime collecting mute switch in favor of a multi function action button.
*Finally changing the charge port from Lightning to USB C. All my Macs, iPads etc already did this, iPhone was the last hold out.
*Thinner bezels aka bigger screen in same or smaller form factor.
*The usual stronger/better/faster stuff.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just got the 14 pro to avoid the 15. I prefer the lightning over the USB-C and the way its set up now is more to my liking but time will tell How the new setup plays out, one of the other reasons i avoided the 15 is ill let others work out the bugs that come with big changes lol

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
Haha, I don’t expect the world is ending, tear inducing, calls for the CEO’s head like occurred with the change from the old 30pin connector to Lighting cable when they made that change circa iPhone 4.
A definite advantage is the build up of accessories that remain for Lightning cable especially when it comes to powered phone mounts like ProClip but I expect that will be (even more so now with the updated Qi2 in iPhone 15) overtaken by MagSafe style powered phone holders. Definitely going to cost me more at the start to have all the USB C cables handy in all the cars. Have been very happy with the 14 Pro, it will serve you well.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Haha, I don’t expect the world is ending, tear inducing, calls for the CEO’s head like occurred with the change from the old 30pin connector to Lighting cable when they made that change circa iPhone 4.
A definite advantage is the build up of accessories that remain for Lightning cable especially when it comes to powered phone mounts like ProClip but I expect that will be (even more so now with the updated Qi2 in iPhone 15) overtaken by MagSafe style powered phone holders. Definitely going to cost me more at the start to have all the USB C cables handy in all the cars. Have been very happy with the 14 Pro, it will serve you well.
yea i remember going from the iphone 4 to the 5 the 30 pin to lightning it was a nice change to the smaller connector. But some people were not happy lol.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I bought two 14s last year. The biggest change seems to me the switch to the USB-C connector. Apart from that the rest of the changes are minor. A titanium frame will make so little differenc in weight you won't be able to tell. I will stick with my 14, espcially since the Canadian version still support physical SIMs in addition to eSims. We spend winters in the US and summers in Canada. My Canadian carrier doesn't support eSim yet. So the phone uses whatever of the two carriers is available. Not sure if the Canadian iPhone 15 supports physical Sims. In addition any enhancement to the new version of IOS will also apply to pre 15 phones, at least those that came out over the past 7 years or so. Anyway, happy with my 14 and won't be changing any time soon. You can drive yourself to the poor house chasing the latest technology.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I bought two 14s last year. The biggest change seems to me the switch to the USB-C connector. Apart from that the rest of the changes are minor. A titanium frame will make so little differenc in weight you won't be able to tell. I will stick with my 14, espcially since the Canadian version still support physical SIMs in addition to eSims. We spend winters in the US and summers in Canada. My Canadian carrier doesn't support eSim yet. So the phone uses whatever of the two carriers is available. Not sure if the Canadian iPhone 15 supports physical Sims. In addition any enhancement to the new version of IOS will also apply to pre 15 phones, at least those that came out over the past 7 years or so. Anyway, happy with my 14 and won't be changing any time soon. You can drive yourself to the poor house chasing the latest technology.
Its not titanium its just titanium colour the frame is recycled aluminum.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The 15 Pro is made from titanium. The regular 15 is aluminum.
It says titanium design. If it is titanium thats a little silly as the titanium is way to expensive to use as a ring around a phone. Even the Stainless on my 14 pro is way overdoing it in my opinion.

jsalbre

Reaction score
It is. It’s not just the ring around the outside, it’s the entire frame that the phone is built around.

Aside from the lightness and strength sides, I’d say that a big part of the switch to titanium is so that the “Pro” phone matches the Apple Watch Ultra, which is made from titanium.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Not sure how much titanium is actually in the 15. From the Apple website describing the Pro, "The titanium band is bonded with a new internal aluminum frame through solid‑state diffusion. This is an industry‑first innovation, using a thermomechanical process that joins these two metals with incredible strength." Sounds like the internal frame is still aluminum although the titanium band might make the whole thing more rigid. Regardless, not enough of a change overall to make me switch.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Not sure how much titanium is actually in the 15. From the Apple website describing the Pro, "The titanium band is bonded with a new internal aluminum frame through solid‑state diffusion. This is an industry‑first innovation, using a thermomechanical process that joins these two metals with incredible strength." Sounds like the internal frame is still aluminum although the titanium band might make the whole thing more rigid. Regardless, not enough of a change overall to make me switch.
Huh, I missed the bonding part. Thanks for the correction.

I tend to run on an every other year upgrade cycle. It’s worked out for me since the iPhone 3GS, so I’ll be skipping the 15 and waiting for the 16 next year.

Dodgeman

Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again. I use the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program that comes with Apple Care, zero interest via Citizens. In stores/delivery 22 September, pre-order on 15 September.

*Getting rid of the grime collecting mute switch in favor of a multi function action button.
*Finally changing the charge port from Lightning to USB C. All my Macs, iPads etc already did this, iPhone was the last hold out.

Can you still talk to people on it?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Huh, I missed the bonding part. Thanks for the correction.

I tend to run on an every other year upgrade cycle. It’s worked out for me since the iPhone 3GS, so I’ll be skipping the 15 and waiting for the 16 next year.
I run on a 7 year cycle. LOL

unclelala

Reaction score
Went from a 6s to a 13...changed the battery in the 6s twice but both terribly disappointing as far as lasting worth a damn

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Went from a 6s to a 13...changed the battery in the 6s twice but both terribly disappointing as far as lasting worth a damn
My 4s,5,6,7,8,XR,11,13 have all been flawless with the exception of a warrantied battery swap on the 5. My 14 pro should be the same

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I run on a 7 year cycle. LOL

I drowned Galaxy S9 in the ocean last year and got a replacement... reman S9.

I'm loathe to use any Apply product, and despise a phone without an SD card slot. That said, if I had one complaint it would be the sh*tty camera app on my phone. slow and buggy.

44Dan44

Reaction score
IMG_2147.PNG
That escalated quickly. Got mine, delivering 22 September. Orders placed right now are pushed out to October 9th delivery.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Running 14promax now... no plans to upgrade to 15. Ill wait a few more generations when the upgrades are significant.

malan67

Reaction score

thin bezels is just plus point, rest weight shift is not that much significant might be yes or might be not worthy update for some.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread