Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack and Jack Stand Location for Tire Rotation

CforHD

Reaction score
I ended up jacking one side, at the frame rail where it looked reinforced behind the radius arm joint. I lifted it enough to slide a jack stand under the axle tube right where the shock mount is at. Then repeated on the other side.

This method does require a jack pad extension or long reach jack. The HF Badlands floor jack worked great but not enough reach with the standard Daytona.

I think a better, more efficient approach, would be to jack the axle tube between the "big diff and small diff" thus allowing you to put stands on both sides in one go. This requires some sort of 2"x2" block however; perhaps something like a BMW or Benz jack pad (wood is not strong enough ;)).

Alternatively, utilize a Bottle Jack and a "Bottle Jack Buddy" to jack at this point or one of those Bottle Jack + Jack Stand combos. I think this is the route I'll go for next time.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Driveway isn’t level so did it in the street. Didn’t die. Jack under axle tube/chunk(rear) and jack stands under axle tubes. I have multiple sets of jack stands but it can be done with one set.

View attachment 65230
Didn’t know a black truck could be so dang shiny…as much as I hate these new things, they sure good looking.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Went to Mavis to get new tires mounted and balanced. They said the lift they use for trucks like ours was missing some part that basically makes the lift higher in the back than in the front?

He said our frame goes up higher in the back? Asked me to come back later this week. Does that make sense? I haven't checked to see what he is talking about but I've never heard of a vehicle having uneven jack points.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Went to Mavis to get new tires mounted and balanced. They said the lift they use for trucks like ours was missing some part that basically makes the lift higher in the back than in the front?

He said our frame goes up higher in the back? Asked me to come back later this week. Does that make sense? I haven't checked to see what he is talking about but I've never heard of a vehicle having uneven jack points.
Lifts do have adjustable riser pads but I would find a new shop if they’re missing a common use tool.

Sometimes they need to use the risers to get to the jack points and clear side steps etc on trucks.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Lifts do have adjustable riser pads but I would find a new shop if they’re missing a common use tool.

Sometimes they need to use the risers to get to the jack points and clear side steps etc on trucks.
Apparently the riser "broke" and the new one was coming yesterday. I was going to go somewhere else but I have a hard time trusting any shops and it's a mavis so I figured they do wheels/tires all the time and won't scratch up my wheels or something. Call me a skeptic but skilled labor isn't what it used to be.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Apparently the riser "broke" and the new one was coming yesterday. I was going to go somewhere else but I have a hard time trusting any shops and it's a mavis so I figured they do wheels/tires all the time and won't scratch up my wheels or something. Call me a skeptic but skilled labor isn't what it used to be.
Stuff breaks, I guess. Maybe they only have one lift rated for your truck. I agree with you it’s hard to find good help.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I was originally tempted to go to Walmart because thats where I bought the tires haha. I'm already accepting the fact that they probably wont torque wrench the wheels and will just impact them to death.

jkempken

Reaction score
When I rotate tires I lift the rear end buy the pumpkin and place my jack stands under the axle by the shock mount. Front I lift by the radius arm joint, anywhere that looks pretty solid and beefy.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Lol I knew this was a mistake...

Been here for 2 hours and the part for the jack still hasn't come in.. and what's better, "your tpms sensor in one of your tires was broken, did you notice a light on in the truck?"

They've said the same story to two other people while being here. This place is a scam $&#_@53****

What jokes.

Last edited:

pr3dict

Reaction score
Jesus... Now they are saying they can't balance them with the machine they have and I need to take it somewhere else to have them balanced

pr3dict

Reaction score
Great day, great day ..

Attachments

• 17000874851731059024045775156150.jpg
    17000874851731059024045775156150.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread