Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JScan Remote Start (Truck Honks but No Start)

nick00less

Reaction score
Just programmed a new key fob with remote start to my truck this morning. It was as easy as can be, every function on the remote works, including the tailgate release button.

However when I double tap the remote start button my truck only honks once. It doesn’t start. Any idea what I did wrong?

Nick

flan

Reaction score
I read on past threads you have to drive it over 30mph before the remote start will work. I’m not sure if that’s with a new fob or fresh remote start install but it’s worth a shot.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sit in the truck with no foot on the brake you should see a message on the evic with the error why it wont start. Do you have the sensor on the hood latch?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I read on past threads you have to drive it over 30mph before the remote start will work. I’m not sure if that’s with a new fob or fresh remote start install but it’s worth a shot.
If it is doing anything with the button press that means the system is set to work the 30MPH should not be needed

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
When the remote start feature is newly configured in the bcm, the truck must be driven to 35mph before it will work.
Otherwise, the truck lights will just flash and horn will honk, but not start when remote start button is pressed.

Users who are viewing this thread