Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jump Seat to Console Swap Process

Reaction score
Do you have the part# from the new console harness you bought? I already completed the entire swap, but none of the outlets work I'm just using the one above the radio system. I also have a manual transfer case for anybody wondering it is possible, and you can bend the shift handle to get it to stick out of the side. I can post pictures if wanted.
I swapped the jump seat for the center console and bought a harness from infotainment that was supposedly made just for this but nothing worked. In my opinion, the best way to do it is to plug everything into the original wiring. The wires will reach if you pull them out from under the drivers seat and run them straight to the console. It’ll be a little tight but they’ll reach.

You will have the undo the ground and find a new bolt for it (at least I needed to). I was lazy here and put it on one w/ paint and got a little static so had to undo everything and clean the bolt off. Otherwise everything works now.

DougieDiesel

Reaction score
Put the console part way into place, connect the harness from under the driver seat (that is now moved towards the dash) to the console wiring harness. This is the H looking connections. Then connect the USB connection that is with the wiring harnesses.

View attachment 8134

View attachment 8135
whats the part number on this harness? the one that goes under the seat. Do you have it by chance?

AustinT

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM 2500 6.7l, gray/black interior. I am looking to swap from the bench seat to a center console, if anyone is looking to go from a console to bench seat and would like to swap let me know!

Attachments

• 3DFC06B4-5DB9-4562-8D7F-F262D64D0204.jpeg
    3DFC06B4-5DB9-4562-8D7F-F262D64D0204.jpeg
    619.3 KB · Views: 33
  • D1A47C3F-3028-457F-B832-1DFB887205E4.jpeg
    D1A47C3F-3028-457F-B832-1DFB887205E4.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 39E063F3-064C-420D-A99E-C899205B328E.jpeg
    39E063F3-064C-420D-A99E-C899205B328E.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 33

estaban

Reaction score
Looking to buy parts. I am going from Center Console to Jump Seat. I need the front dash parts, the little Matt that goes in front of the seat, and the end cap on the back of the seat with USB ports and 120v port

cbelveal20

Reaction score
Just purchased a brand new 2021 ram 2500 Laramie Diesel with a center jump seat. Looking to trade or buy a center console for my truck and perform a conversion. Let me know what you guys have. Thanks

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just purchased a brand new 2021 ram 2500 Laramie Diesel with a center jump seat. Looking to trade or buy a center console for my truck and perform a conversion. Let me know what you guys have. Thanks

All offers to buy/sell/trade need to be made/linked to a proper post in the buy/sell/trade forum and ADHERE TO THE FORUM RULES including no buying/selling/trading outside that forum.

Please create a WTB or WTT post in the correct forum. Thx

Mmmega

Reaction score
ALL OFFERS TO BUY/SELL/TRADE NEED A POST IN THAT FORUM THAT FOLLOWS THE FORUM RULES.
ALL OFFERS TO BUY/SELL/TRADE NEED A POST IN THAT FORUM THAT FOLLOWS THE FORUM RULES.

Last edited by a moderator:

stonecoldkiller

Reaction score
I am starting to get the parts together to do this swap. Does anyone happen to know the part numbers to suit a laramie for the closeout panels on the side of the console?

Montmac

Reaction score
2022. but i imagine 2019-22 should be the same
I have most all the parts for a 2017 but they are different for the 2019 up. There is a different heat duct that runs under the carpet, brackets and of course those panes. Also the radio surround. Sorry I couldn't help.

JustARam22

Reaction score
Did you ever get this to work? I swapped in a console with outlets in it I would like to get working.

Thanks
Kyle

Ok guys so first list but I’ve been leeching off the site for a while now. FYI I’ve got a 2019 tradesman. I just got a limited console and I’m wondering if anyone has got the 120v outlets working on their new console. Also does anyone have the part numbers handy for both the front and back brackets for mounting?

JustARam22

Reaction score
After doing the console swap has anyone gotten the rear and arm rest USB ports to work? Infotainment sells a harness but it's been out of stock for a month and they have no eta for restock.

AntonyU21

Reaction score
[MOD: All offers to buy/sell/trade need to be made/linked to a proper post in the buy/sell/trade forum and ADHERE TO THE FORUM RULES including no buying/selling/trading outside that forum.]
[Failure to do so after one polite warning may result in the posts being deleted. Repeat offenses ignoring the rules may come with a warning and/or ban.]
[Apologies to OP and everyone else reading the thread but it was necessary. If you see a post not adhering to site rules, please help and report it.]

Hi All,

I am going to try and document the process to swap from a jump seat to a console. I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Hemi 4x4 CCSB. If you have other than this, your mileage may vary. I found another member on this site who wanted to trade and we both had the Laramie trim level. I recommend that you try to do this locally if you can, but it can be done over a distance. The shipping is on the spendy side. It worked out for us doing this halfway across the country.I did my part first by sending the jump seat and parts out first.:cool:

Jump seat removal:
Remove jump seat front tray mat to uncover 2 screws.
Take out the 2 screws.
Remove front tray.

Tray before removal:
View attachment 7880

After tray removal:
View attachment 7881

Unbolt driver seat
Remove front and rear driver side jump seat bracket bolt. One bolt is visible in the picture above. The rear bolt is under the jump seat accessible when the driver seat is removed or slid forward.
Unbolt female seat belt strap/connector. You will need a torx driver. The female seat belt is bolted to the driver side seat rail bracket.

Unclip wiring harness under driver seat.
1 gray USB
1 Black power port.
Remove harness from under driver seat rail.

View attachment 7882

View attachment 7883

(note: I left this wiring harness attached to the jump seat. because I was not sure what was needed to mount the jump seat into the other truck.) There is a USB port inside the top storage bin in the jump seat. It could not be removed without damaging the jump seat so the other member cut the wire. Then sent this wiring harness back. I was the only way we saw to make this happen.

Unbolt passenger seat.
Remove 4 nuts from the passenger side brackets (front and rear) to the passenger seat rails.

Not my picture, I did not take a picture at this point, this shows the passenger side brackets:
View attachment 7884

Brackets have 4 bolts to the passenger seat rail:
View attachment 7885

View attachment 7886View attachment 7887

Remove heating/cooling duct extension. May require cutting carpet or carpet removal. This might be done with out cutting the carpet, but that is up to you try.
This is what it will look like after the jump seat remove. (yes, I cut the carpet, because I will not be swapping back.)
I'm starting to worry about whether I'll be able to do it tomorrow.

JustARam22

Reaction score
It's honestly pretty straight forward.... Watch the install video from infotainment.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@bobthemagicman troubleshooting power fault moved to:

nomofomoco

Reaction score
So will this swap work on any 2019+ 2500? If I had a Limited w/console, could I swap to a jump seat? Or is this strictly capped off at the Laramie on down to Tradesman?

Jpncj7

Reaction score
Have 2019 3500 Laramie black leather, center console. Looking for Laramie black leather jump seat.

Users who are viewing this thread