Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luverne SST boards

AndyS

Reaction score
Installed Luverne SST running boards today. Well the drivers side. Daylight was fading and time for dinner so will install passenger side tomorrow.

Attachments

• Boards 1.JPG
    Boards 1.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Boards 2.JPG
    Boards 2.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Boards 3.JPG
    Boards 3.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 30

flan

Reaction score
I just installed as well. I went with the upgraded brackets and am impressed with how strong they feel. 3DEDEC6F-D44E-4C7C-9FA1-07A32CF6607E.jpeg

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Installed Luverne SST running boards today. Well the drivers side. Daylight was fading and time for dinner so will install passenger side tomorrow.
Those look good on your truck. Did you go with the rocker mounted or the body mounted?

AndyS

Reaction score
They are rocker mount. The rear bracket was a little bit of a challenge to get the smaller bolts tightened - space was tight.

Flan - what upgraded brackets? Didn't know that was an option?

AndyS

Reaction score
Passenger side done. Couple hiccups;
To my horror one of the bolt brackets fell into the rocker panel. :oops:
Luckily I was able to fish it out with a flexible magnet in about a minute. It was a tense minute though.
Had to contact Luverne for a new carriage bolt that secures the board to the bracket - it had no threads. Hardware store did not have one to match. Hopefully they reply and send out a replacement.
Boards look pretty good though!

Attachments

• Pass 1.JPG
    Pass 1.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Pass 2.JPG
    Pass 2.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 9

flan

Reaction score
They are rocker mount. The rear bracket was a little bit of a challenge to get the smaller bolts tightened - space was tight.

Flan - what upgraded brackets? Didn't know that was an option?
They just mount to the cab mount bolts instead of the rocker panels.

Users who are viewing this thread