Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega cab rear seat questions

Trooper

Reaction score
I have no kids, and still got a mega. The interior of the rams is unmatched and the room in the mega is absurd.
Also me, my 1500 had a topper and bugged me so much wanting to carry things secure and losing the bed, now the mega gives so much safe interior storage plus the bed is now a truck bed :)

CasualAdubs

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 and I am looking into 2500s.

Rear Room 1500 cab vs 2500 crew and mega cab. Which one is similar?

I would love to go for the mega cab but I have to weigh that against the 50 gal fuel tank and 8 foot bed. It would be nice if you could get a larger fuel take with the mega cab. Super annoying.

Mat_HD

Reaction score

I would love to go for the mega cab but I have to weigh that against the 50 gal fuel tank and 8 foot bed. It would be nice if you could get a larger fuel take with the mega cab. Super annoying.
You can get a Titan 50(52?) gallon tank for around 1000 that's designed for the mega.
Also me, my 1500 had a topper and bugged me so much wanting to carry things secure and losing the bed, now the mega gives so much safe interior storage plus the bed is now a truck bed :)
Yeah exactly. When I go on my trips there are always a lot of things that I don't want getting wet if it rains as well

raven_dt

Reaction score

The 5th Gen 1500 crew cab is roughly the same size as the megacab. But the 1500 crewcab has a flat floor, the megacab does not. Ram needs to update the HD crew cabs to the larger 5th Gen 1500 crew cabs. That would require an approx. 11" increase in the current HD crew cab wheelbase to accommidate the larger crew cab.

Last edited:

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
The 5th Gen 1500 crew cab is roughly the same size as the megacab. But the 1500 crewcab has a flat floor, the megacab does not. Ram needs to update the HD crew cabs to the larger 5th Gen 1500 crew cabs. That would require an approx. 11" increase in the current HD crew cab wheelbase to accommidate the larger crew cab.
The downside on the 5th gen is the lack of space behind the rear seats. The Mega has that. I hope they keep a MegaCab option once they go to the 5th gen for HD's, heck make it even bigger than it currently is.

CasualAdubs

Reaction score
You can get a Titan 50(52?) gallon tank for around 1000 that's designed for the mega.

Yeah exactly. When I go on my trips there are always a lot of things that I don't want getting wet if it rains as well
Would you happen to have a link for that? Ive seen titan fuel tanks mentioned quite a bit in this forum but when I went to go searching I put in the vehicle details and it said "none" so mi must be doing something wrong lol.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Would you happen to have a link for that? Ive seen titan fuel tanks mentioned quite a bit in this forum but when I went to go searching I put in the vehicle details and it said "none" so mi must be doing something wrong lol.
Titan is a diesel only tank, so if you have a 6.4 you're SOL

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
I just picked up a mega, and have a shepherd. Still experimenting…. But our best approach so far is fold the larger portion of the split bench down (the 60 side), which means the climb is only from street to floorboard on the 40 side. Then another step up from floorboard to flat floor on back of 60 side.
now the dog has large area on back of 60 side, and you still have the 40 side seat for a third person…. Though no center armrest.

if no third person, I suppose you could now fold down the 40 side, giving dog whole area. And retract the 40 seat & reverse for egress.

YES to trap door, sad when he missteps and activates it. Wondering if a thick dog bed would help avoid.

we‘ve always had him in back of SUV and are worried about him getting hurt (and hurting us as a projectile) in an accident. Hadn’t thought of a harness attached to childseat restraints. Will investigate!

BAT3500

Reaction score
A sheet of thin plywood or even carboard under a bed or banket would alleviate the trap door problem. Best solution is always a crate. Keeps the dog safe and controled, but not everbodies cup of tea...

Pronto

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread