Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mexican Music

wkilgore99

Reaction score
Has anybody run into a situation where when they turn on USB (Apple) music feed, they get Mexican music playing "underneath" the intended music thread? Freaked me out a couple of times, but learned to change to XM and then it disappears. If you don't do XM and just go from AM to FM to USB its still in the background. RAM service guy hadn't heard of this.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Has anybody run into a situation where when they turn on USB (Apple) music feed, they get Mexican music playing "underneath" the intended music thread? Freaked me out a couple of times, but learned to change to XM and then it disappears. If you don't do XM and just go from AM to FM to USB its still in the background. RAM service guy hadn't heard of this.

Do you live close to a radio transmitter?
It’s possible for powerful transmissions to interfere with audio equipment.

ahhhr

Reaction score
Ive had similar happen but its not Mexican music. It was an XM station mixed with music from my phone on apple play.
I'd probably think it was God sending me a message if it was Mexican.

jpaeth

Reaction score
OH MY GOD!!! I thought I was the only one and was going crazy!! I have found the quick solution to change input to Sirius XM, then back to carplay and it is gone... it is the craziest bug I have ever seen..

Edit: Spelling

aaronlammm

Reaction score
Finally I thought I was going crazy for a second. Same thing happens to me too. So I took it to the dealer but couldn’t find anything wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxsteel

Reaction score
Exact same thing happens to my ne every once in awhile. Pretty hilarious actually. Usually it’s Mexican music but I’ve once had some random talk radio. My guess is that it’s an XM channel playing somehow.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
OH MY GOD!!! I thought I was the only one and was going crazy!! I have found the quick solution to change input to Sirius XM, then back to carplay and it is gone... it is the craziest bug I have ever seen..

Edit: Spelling
Finally I thought I was going crazy for a second. Same thing happens to me too. So I took it to the dealer but couldn’t find anything wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exact same thing happens to my ne every once in awhile. Pretty hilarious actually. Usually it’s Mexican music but I’ve once had some random talk radio. My guess is that it’s an XM channel playing somehow.

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This is definitely something that we would like to look into further and take note of. Would you mind following up via PM to provide your VINs when you can?

Thank you!

Mark
RamCares

wkilgore99

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! This is definitely something that we would like to look into further and take note of. Would you mind following up via PM to provide your VINs when you can?

Thank you!

Mark
RamCares
Sorry, haven't checked in a while: 3C6UR4FL9KG578930 - Bill

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Sorry, haven't checked in a while - Bill

Thank you very much, Bill! I have escalated this trend internally and I will be sure to follow up here if I am able to learn anything more on why this may be occurring.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread