Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Heap

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind Brewbud.

On the beach in southern Baja during the 50th Baja 1000. This was her maiden voyage after the final motor build. had 200 miles on her when I left home. Broke her in on this trip putting 2K miles on her with only 2 minor issues that were quickly fixed.

View attachment 19595

Build thread in case you are interested.

Nice, I will check out the Build!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I learned a lot about build threads when I was building my '73 K5 Blazer for playing in the desert and running in Baja. So details are great. I had to look back on that thread several times to remember what I had done.

When I sold the K5, the guy who wound up buying it read the whole thread, some 200 plus pages. He never batted an eye or tried to haggle on price. He told me he knew he couldn't build what I did for the price I was asking.

Deavar springs, King 2.5 smooth body shocks. spartian locker front, Auburn gear posi rear, partial cage, PRP suspension seats, built 350 with Holley EFI pushing 425 HP/475 TQ. 12" front/18" rear travel.
Must have been hard to get rid of that one. 73 is the year I wanted back in the 80s. Full top-off square body and 73 and under had less smog rules in CA.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, it was a bit of a decision. I loved taking it to Baja and out to the dunes. But I couldn't carry much race support gear in it. So I bought a F250 and the K5 just sat. No smog so I built me a good motor. :cool: Loved running it with the top rolled up, or off.
New owner had it out at Gorman the day after he bought it. Had it out in Johnson Valley on the hammer trails about a month later. So good to see it's being used for what it was built for.

Reaction score

On the beach in southern Baja during the 50th Baja 1000. This was her maiden voyage after the final motor build. had 200 miles on her when I left home. Broke her in on this trip putting 2K miles on her with only 2 minor issues that were quickly fixed.

View attachment 19595

I had a 75 and 86 K5. Loved them and regret getting rid of both.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

View attachment 19595

I had to come back and look at this post. One of my customers in Atlanta has a neighbor with the same color power wagon as you and they also have a badass K5 blazer so I came here to see if it was you.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I had to come back and look at this post. One of my customers in Atlanta has a neighbor with the same color power wagon as you and they also have a badass K5 blazer so I came here to see if it was you.
HaHaHa.
Do you live in SoCal, just north of LA near the beach?
I sold the Blazer last year.

Well now you know he has good taste. :cool:

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
CJC intercooler guard installed. I have had it taking up space in the garage for months. Two of those 86 nuts were a biatch to get off. One of the brackets was a little off so I massaged it into place with a rubber mallet. I will get some bumper inserts so I can mount the plate without the stock plastic plate holder chingus.

Intercooler guard 1.jpg

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
CJC intercooler guard installed. I have had it taking up space in the garage for months. Two of those 86 nuts were a biatch to get off. One of the brackets was a little off so I massaged it into place with a rubber mallet. I will get some bumper inserts so I can mount the plate without the stock plastic plate holder chingus.

View attachment 22423

Looks super!!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I got in my Mac's D-Vise. I like the quality. I have used one before and know it will come in handy....if I can find my hitch reducer that is... LOL

I also worked on my fridge platform. I added some L-track to the platform to secure heavy items like my GZ power station.

Vise on Jeep
Mac's D-Vise sm.jpg

fridge platform - sm.jpg

fridge platform 2 sm.jpg

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing my Naviks unit that has been sitting around for almost a year. Since I had to pull the radio I also replaced the 4x4 switch panel with one that has the Hill Descent switch. After getting it all back together I installed my Bulletpoint mount in the tray as well. 3 installs at once. Typically I don't like doing more than one change at a time so I know if something goes wrong I know the change that caused it. I figured the hardware install wouldn't be an issue here. I will do the AlfaOBD changes for the Aux Cam and the Hill Descent separately though.

Installs were easy thanks to a couple of threads here on HDRams.

Bulletpoint ant hill descent 2sm.jpg Bulletpoint ant hill descent 3sm.jpg

hill descent switch sm.jpg Bulletpoint sm.jpg

Bulletpoint ant hill descent sm.jpg

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
With regards to the Hill Descent install. The new switch panel was around $50 with shipping. I figure that was a good price to balance out that panel even if I don't use it. LOL

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing my Naviks unit that has been sitting around for almost a year. Since I had to pull the radio I also replaced the 4x4 switch panel with one that has the Hill Descent switch. After getting it all back together I installed my Bulletpoint mount in the tray as well. 3 installs at once. Typically I don't like doing more than one change at a time so I know if something goes wrong I know the change that caused it. I figured the hardware install wouldn't be an issue here. I will do the AlfaOBD changes for the Aux Cam and the Hill Descent separately though.

Installs were easy thanks to a couple of threads here on HDRams.

View attachment 29411 View attachment 29412

View attachment 29413 View attachment 29414

View attachment 29415
Cute sock. Needs pics of you with these socks on.

DarkNight

Reaction score
I also worked on my fridge platform. I added some L-track to the platform to secure heavy items like my GZ power station.
How did you mount/attach the fridge platform to the truck? Did you remove the factory flat floor too?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
How did you mount/attach the fridge platform to the truck? Did you remove the factory flat floor too?
It sits on top of the fold-flat floor. It is tied into the seat brackets with straps and climbing carabiners. The rear edge of the platform is also planed down a bit and slides under the front shoulders of the seat brackets where shown in the pic below. I plan on changing it up but it is good for now. The fridge only goes in for trips.

rear frodge mount areas.png

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I finally installed the KC Cyclone hood lights I got Christmas before last. I used the write ups I found on the forum as a guide. I added them to Aux 6 although I debated just mounting the KC supplied switch under the hood somewhere. I still have 3 of the 6 Aux switched open and can change it if I need another Aux Switch for something else.

The lower Aux connector is a bit hard to access so I installed the rest of the upfitter wires in the connector and sealed the ends.

hood lights 1 sm.jpg

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I finally installed the KC Cyclone hood lights I got Christmas before last. I used the write ups I found on the forum as a guide. I added them to Aux 6 although I debated just mounting the KC supplied switch under the hood somewhere. I still have 3 of the 6 Aux switched open and can change it if I need another Aux Switch for something else.

The lower Aux connector is a bit hard to access so I installed the rest of the upfitter wires in the connector and sealed the ends.

View attachment 33093
Sweet!! If you get a chance, post a night shot of them!

Users who are viewing this thread