Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New tires

MrThomas

Reaction score
The tires are Otani 275x70r18 the dealer put this brand on. Made in Thailand, I researched em and they make tires for all heavy equipment. Probably not heard of here in the states. But my point is that I believe they make the truck ride rough. The truck bounces all the time, so I put 700lbs of tube in the bed over the axle .
Rides a bit smoother. Would like to know if tires actually make a difference on HD Ram series in ridding smoother..? Or is it just the suspension?

f82ee72533d0421874950fcaae3a6003.jpg

Attachments

• 20231123_115658.jpg
    20231123_115658.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 22

Blythkd1

Reaction score
My experience with value brand imported tires has been that the sidewalls are typically stiffer than higher end tires that are better engineered.

No surprise here that they ride rougher than what you're accustomed to.

Years ago we had some "O" brand tires on a dumptruck, either Otani or Ohtsu, don't recall for sure but they were stiff as a board compared to other name brands we had ran before.

Chris1911

Reaction score
An HD truck is going to have a rough ride as the suspension is stiff for heavy loads. It should ride smooth on a smooth road, but can be jarring on sharp bumps. Quality tires can tone it down a little. Not sure why yours would be bouncy.

MrThomas

Reaction score
An HD truck is going to have a rough ride as the suspension is stiff for heavy loads. It should ride smooth on a smooth road, but can be jarring on sharp bumps. Quality tires can tone it down a little. Not sure why yours would be bouncy.
Pretty sure it's the tires from Thailand, was told they make harder sidewall tires.
But letting air out to 45 should help some.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I'll try that, yah even on the door it says front tires at 50. Back at 70,
The 50/70 is for max load. If you're not hauling, you don't need nearly that much pressure, especially in the rears.

Users who are viewing this thread