Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto! Why so many (same?) tires!

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
Was hoping for some 35x11.5 tires. Like the KO2’s but not avail.

nitto makes some but can’t make sense of all the options. Can’t they just make one great tire instead of so many similar ones?

anyone have 1st hand experience with:
- Ridge Grappler
- Terra Grappler G2
- Trail Grappler MT
- Exo Grappler AWT

all similar price point.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Exos are winter rated. Seem to best option if you need that.
Trail grapplers are good MT's. But an MT, so all that comes along with that. For the money I think toyos are better if similar priced.
Terras get hard when it's cold. And pick up #2 stone like it's their job. Seemed fine though Were on a work truck I didn't have long.
I haven't had ridge grapplers

Trooper

Reaction score
I have the Terra Grappler G2, 35x12.50R18LT F 128R†† on my 2500, these have the full load rating when I need it and quiet on the road in my opinon.
I did drop the pressure to 45F/40R for a more comfortable ride and that was based on chalk test. I have good even wear and would buy again.
Cannot comment on them being hard in the cold as I am in SoCal... we don't do cold :)
I was looking originally at Toyo AT3, but these were hard to find in the same rating

@JC

Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50r17

473c002fcb8ac7ebb0796cfffb468fd1.jpg

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
If you see snow in your area, I'd warn you to stay away from the Terra Grapplers.

I ran them in a 35 on a previous truck and the way they turned into ice skates was downright dangerous.

No first hand experience with any of the others though.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I think the Ridge are their most popular model? Some information here from a vendor:

I bought the RG for my new truck. I love them. First set I buy since the KO2 which I hated for their poor thread life. They seems to be holding way better. But it is a different truck too, so hard to compare apple to apple.

Oh and they look awesome!!!

McHenry2500

Reaction score
I had the Terra's on my last truck and even put the lighter version on my 4Runner. I'm planning on going with the Terra's on this truck when the time comes.

My coworker has the Ridge's on his F250 and they seem to hold up pretty good, but I've heard they're loud.

@JC

Reaction score
My RGs are very quiet, from 0 to the current ~12k miles so far. Much better than the stock Duratracs on the tester I drove before I ordered my truck. They are heavy though at 76# per tire, there's a lot of unsprung weight in that rotating mass of rubber. To compare the stock Duratracs are 54# per tire and if I remember correctly the Transfarce tires are around 50# per.

Last edited:

MikeXM

Reaction score
My RGs are very quiet, from 0 to the current ~12k miles so far. Much better than the stock Duratracs on the tester I drove before I ordered my truck. They are heavy though at 76# per tire, there's a lot of unsprung weight in that rotating mass of rubber. To compare the stock Duratracs are 54# per tire and if I remember correctly the Transfarce tires are around 50# per.
I agree. I did not see any difference when I switched from my OEM tires. At least not in the cab. Maybe outside, but who cares?

whitexc

Reaction score
That's a nice set up. Very tasteful.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Was hoping for some 35x11.5 tires. Like the KO2’s but not avail.

nitto makes some but can’t make sense of all the options. Can’t they just make one great tire instead of so many similar ones?

anyone have 1st hand experience with:
- Ridge Grappler
- Terra Grappler G2
- Trail Grappler MT
- Exo Grappler AWT

all similar price point.
I have the ridge grapplers and love them........too bad I am trading the truck. I like the extra load capacity.

dirtyjerzy

Reaction score

MtnRider

Reaction score
And now they just released the "Recon Grappler" Lol . Very similar tread pattern as some of the others, side wall is a little more aggressive maybe? Not sure I see the sense in so many tires that are so similar either? Maybe just all marketing strategy?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Love your Wheel/Tire setup. Considering getting the same for my 21' 2500 that I just got last week. I see them on Amazon, where did you get yours from? How are they on your MPG?
I typically get my tires from discount tire. they’ve always been good to me and take very good care of my vehicles. Except my rock crawler tires I get those somewhere else.

And mpg lol. I ditched the factory tires right off the bat so I can’t compare for you. I used AEV pro cal to recalibrate

Last edited:

Gswain

Reaction score
Running the exos in 35x12.5 and like them quite a bit so far. 5 k on em.

Users who are viewing this thread