Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parksense front sensor trouble

anderson0172

Reaction score
So my front sensors on my '20 2500 Laramie are sounding an alarm that I am going to hit something when I go in reverse. It happens when I get to about 5mph. I just leveled my truck 2" and was wondering if that may be causing it? I don't think this happened at the exact time I leveled it though, pretty sure it started about a week later. Could the increased height in the front cause an issue with the front sensors? They are clean so that's not the problem and it also only happens when driving in reverse and it's the front sensors only, not the rear sensors. Has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

jkbrereton

Reaction score
When you say they are "Going Off", do you mean they are becoming inoperable and shut off or that they are sounding out a warning, as if something was being sensed near them?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

anderson0172

Reaction score
When you say they are "Going Off", do you mean they are becoming inoperable and shut off or that they are sounding out a warning, as if something was being sensed near them?

I should have explained this better, lol. It is sounding the alarm, beeping as if I'm going to hit something. I will edit my post to say this.

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Mine seem to sound off frequently when driving down the street in inclement weather. I doubt yours is going off because of your leveling. I can't see how that would have changed anything

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mine seem to sound off frequently when driving down the street in inclement weather. I doubt yours is going off because of your leveling. I can't see how that would have changed anything

If anything it would make things better

anderson0172

Reaction score

Yeah, I've had them go off in bad weather also but that's not the case anymore. Today was 61 and sunny

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So my front sensors on my '20 2500 Laramie are sounding an alarm that I am going to hit something when I go in reverse. It happens when I get to about 5mph. I just leveled my truck 2" and was wondering if that may be causing it? I don't think this happened at the exact time I leveled it though, pretty sure it started about a week later. Could the increased height in the front cause an issue with the front sensors? They are clean so that's not the problem and it also only happens when driving in reverse and it's the front sensors only, not the rear sensors. Has anyone else had this issue?
The two front outboard park sensors face towards objects on the side of the vehicle. Could there be something on either side of the truck that you are passing that they might not have picked up before, and the increased height put it in range of the sensors. The idea is to let you know of something on the front sides while in reverse to where if you were to cut the wheel while backing up, the front might strike the object.

anderson0172

Reaction score
The two front outboard park sensors face towards objects on the side of the vehicle. Could there be something on either side of the truck that you are passing that they might not have picked up before, and the increased height put it in range of the sensors. The idea is to let you know of something on the front sides while in reverse to where if you were to cut the wheel while backing up, the front might strike the object.
No, it does it in wide open spaces, nothing near me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread