Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

PWHerman

Reaction score
I have a 1,500 coupon but expires 4/31 and don’t think my truck will arrive by then. How does the order date play into that - my understanding was that for the cab inventives it was based on delivery and not he order date - meaning if your truck arrives after the expiration you’re out of luck. Thanks in advance
That is what I thought too, but we were able to lock it in. He said as long I pick up the truck within 14 days of it being delivered to them it will work. I would ask them to apply it to your order in their system and see what it says.

Mike75

Reaction score
2500 Laramie Mega Cab, 6.4 Hemi, Night Edition, Level B Equip.

MSRP: $69,840
Sale Price: $61,390
Plus any rebates/incentives when i pick it up.

I received nearly identical quotes from Aaron at Mark Dodge in LA, Phillip at Bud Clary in WA, and Michael at Lakeland in FL. I ultimately chose Aaron at Mark Dodge. I can fly-n-drive back to PA from LA. It's not a feasible option from WA and Lakeland lost me due to their higher additional fees.

Gotta give a HUGE THANKS to everyone on this forum. I've been following it for several months and learned a ton of info.

joesetum

Reaction score
Don't forget to check your junk mail for RAM incentives. They sent me one in the middle of March for $4000 for bonus cash that I just saw last week. Spoke with my dealer and luckily the dates of my order and qualification dates of the offer coincide and we got it added to my order.
Did you have to sign up somewhere to get the email? I bought a 2020 1500 a little over a year ago that I’ll be trading in for my truck on order. Would be cool if they sent out a something like that for returning buyers

Akbison

Reaction score
Would be curious as well. I generally keep my trucks for a decade but the cp4 issue has me spooked. I can trade in my truck right now about what I paid for it. If I could score a decent ram incentive I'll trade it in and move to a 2021. There just isn't a lot of Incentives to work with out there though.

PWHerman

Reaction score
Did you have to sign up somewhere to get the email? I bought a 2020 1500 a little over a year ago that I’ll be trading in for my truck on order. Would be cool if they sent out a something like that for returning buyers
I did signup to receive marketing material to my home address from RAMs website. I'm not sure if that is what prompted the incentive email or not. I currently own a RAM 1500 so I'm assuming they have my info already.

Bigwalnuthoney

Reaction score
I got tired of hoping one of those rebate emails would randomly show up so I called the fca rebates center to see what I could get. Asked her what I needed to do to get one of those emails. She said they're sent out at random but she'd see what she could do. Took my name and zip code and came back with what she called a TDM code worth $500. Sent to my dealer and he said it's active and applied to my order. Only $500 but worth a phone call.

Rege

Reaction score
What would you do? Shopping 21 Ram 2500, (WI/IL area) and dealers have limited stock or zero invnetory. Dealers know this and are holding on price. The one I really like is a Big Horn 2500 (level 2 package, night edition with navigation upgrade) dealer asking $69K and lowest he will go is $66k. Then a buddy of mine called today and said he would sell his 2017 3500 (Limited) for $53K with 66k miles. What the dealer is giving him for trade-in. Do I go new or used?

joesetum

Reaction score
What would you do? Shopping 21 Ram 2500, (WI/IL area) and dealers have limited stock or zero invnetory. Dealers know this and are holding on price. The one I really like is a Big Horn 2500 (level 2 package, night edition with navigation upgrade) dealer asking $69K and lowest he will go is $66k. Then a buddy of mine called today and said he would sell his 2017 3500 (Limited) for $53K with 66k miles. What the dealer is giving him for trade-in. Do I go new or used?
I’d give Bud Clery a call and talk to Phillip. For such a big deal might be worth a plane ticket out and a road trip back or having it shipped to you from Washington

kgerst

Reaction score
I’d give Bud Clery a call and talk to Phillip. For such a big deal might be worth a plane ticket out and a road trip back or having it shipped to you from Washington
Agree. I have a 2500 Laramie Megacab getting shipped from Phillip at Bud Clary on Monday to Sacramento, CA. Saved a lot even after shipping compared to local dealers.

RichM752

Reaction score
Agree. I have a 2500 Laramie Megacab getting shipped from Phillip at Bud Clary on Monday to Sacramento, CA. Saved a lot even after shipping compared to local dealers.
I did the same with Mark Dodge in Lake Charles. I liked the time factor with my purchase. 50 days from day of order, to truck delivery at dealers lot. It's only 650 miles from Saltillo to Lake Charles.

Rege

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. These dealers think spending 60K is no big deal. I am going go contact Bud Clery.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. These dealers think spending 60K is no big deal. I am going go contact Bud Clery.
Do it. I am in central coast CA and ended up ordering through Phil at Clery. Saved me $6k over a local dealer. Flight was $90 to Seattle. Drive back will be a day of driving and maybe a few hundred in fuel. Nice alone time.

just James

Reaction score
Do it. I am in central coast CA and ended up ordering through Phil at Clery. Saved me $6k over a local dealer. Flight was $90 to Seattle. Drive back will be a day of driving and maybe a few hundred in fuel. Nice alone time.
Me too, except I am in southern Oregon, so the airfare was $98 total for my daughter and I. Flying up there on May 1st.
Phillip is da man!

PWHerman

Reaction score
+1 for Phillip at Bud Clary. Granted, I haven't received my truck yet, but working with his has been a pleasure. No BS, no hassle, just straight forward and lowest pricing I could find. Several thousand below invoice. I'm a little further away but plan to make a scenic trip out of it with my wife when we fly to pick it up.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
+1 for Phillip at Bud Clary. Granted, I haven't received my truck yet, but working with his has been a pleasure. No BS, no hassle, just straight forward and lowest pricing I could find. Several thousand below invoice. I'm a little further away but plan to make a scenic trip out of it with my wife when we fly to pick it up.

You should be getting close... is your truck almost done?

Users who are viewing this thread