Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Reaction score
Brian with Hunter CDJR in socal gave me a great deal. Easy to work with, and reasonable delivery price.

BrentD86

Reaction score
I know people are starting to order their 2022s. Does anyone have any guess as to when Ram will have the online build your truck up for the 2022 models?

DougB

Reaction score
I know people are starting to order their 2022s. Does anyone have any guess as to when Ram will have the online build your truck up for the 2022 models?
Guessing it’ll be at least when dealers have pricing info.

geoani

Reaction score
ordering my 2022 now...UConnect 5 is listed on the build sheet.
Can you give more info on how you can order a 22 without pricing? Also, my dealer told me they are not taking orders until pricing info comes out. Any idea why they would tell me that when you were able to place an order? Thanks.

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
Picked up on Sat. Market seems tight in SoCal. Truck had a $5k market increase (wasn’t applied, was a special order but gives you a sense of what dealers can do in SoCal right now…. Negotiation starts at $5k over sticker).

when I ordered on 2/2 we agreed to $1k over invoice + any rebates. As I learned more in this thread, including the Access Fund, they agreed to 1% below invoice. No money down. $1k drive off. They gave me a “fair“ number on trade in. Not awesome, but not offensive.

I only lease and only think about cars in terms of monthly cash outlay (and to a lesser extent, window sticker). Payment is $13xx/month which is pretty good for an $87,xxx car. 48% residual at 48 months is up there with Porsche, among the best.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, I found that out too while searching for a truck. So Cal is crazy with the mark ups. Hopefully the deal I struck at $750 over invoice holds true when the truck arrives.
Local dealer here has a $50K mark up on the TRX. Said he already sold one to a pot farmer. I said good for him cause I wasn't going to pay that kind of mark up. That's why I went shopping around, even out of state.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I feel for you guys in kommifornia. I can’t imagine ever paying more than MSRP for anything. I would do with out or do all my shopping out of state.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Well, the TRX has a lot of power and they put that in a 4x4 truck.

Picked up on Sat. Market seems tight in SoCal. Truck had a $5k market increase (wasn’t applied, was a special order but gives you a sense of what dealers can do in SoCal right now…. Negotiation starts at $5k over sticker).

when I ordered on 2/2 we agreed to $1k over invoice + any rebates. As I learned more in this thread, including the Access Fund, they agreed to 1% below invoice. No money down. $1k drive off. They gave me a “fair“ number on trade in. Not awesome, but not offensive.

I only lease and only think about cars in terms of monthly cash outlay (and to a lesser extent, window sticker). Payment is $13xx/month which is pretty good for an $87,xxx car. 48% residual at 48 months is up there with Porsche, among the best.

Do whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????????????????

Jesus H Christ man....

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Do whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????????????????

Jesus H Christ man....
That’s ok.......direct sales maybe coming sooner than later, kinda like automation in the $15hr fast “food” industry. Consequences. I would have laughed in their faces and asked if they were high.

kingofglamis

Reaction score
Yea, I found that out too while searching for a truck. So Cal is crazy with the mark ups. Hopefully the deal I struck at $750 over invoice holds true when the truck arrives.
Local dealer here has a $50K mark up on the TRX. Said he already sold one to a pot farmer. I said good for him cause I wasn't going to pay that kind of mark up. That's why I went shopping around, even out of state.
I searched all over California for a truck and could not find any deals. ended up ordering one near my cousin in Ohio and got 5k off MSRP.

Last edited:

crawlex

Reaction score
I am considering trading-up my 2019 Tradesman for a 2021 bighorn mega.

2021 MSRP $66,400 ; offer $63,381 = 4.5% off MSRP
Trade in offer: 44,000 for a 2019 Tradesman with 7kmiles

Original Purchase (3/23/2020)
2019 Tradesman (NOS); MSRP $56,285; Paid $44,607 = 20.74% off MSRP

Times are a changing...

Bearman95

Reaction score
Hello people, I am a new member of the HD forum although I’ve been on the fifth generation forum for quite a while. I traded my 2020 Laramie sport 1500 yesterday for a new 2021 Longhorn 2500. They only gave me $2700 off of the MSRP on the long horn but they did give me 49,000 for my Laramie which is what I paid for it in September 2019. The dealer only had four or five trucks on the lot and only one longhorn. They had one other 2500 that I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread