Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM’s warranty process has destroyed my desire for the brand.

Guitarshredder7

Reaction score
Following some fairly serious transmission issues, and a loud metallic flutter on my 2022 RAM Power Wagon on cold start, my patience for the brand is wearing thin. I have seen multiple dealerships, several different visits with said dealerships, and many phone calls with RAM Cares and the Stallantis Warranty hotline. All with no luck to get my truck taken care of. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. I have wasted time, fuel, and energy just trying to get my $72k truck serviced or even acknowledged. I can’t even drive the truck because I’m afraid of doing even more damage to it. I’ve even had multiple case managers and they’re all telling me they can’t proceed without a dealership diagnosing my truck… well that’s kind of difficult when the dealerships refuse me service or won’t even return my calls. I’m not a rude guy. I have been nothing short of nice and understanding with everyone I’ve seen/spoken to for this issue but I am out of options.

56ram2500

Reaction score
Following some fairly serious transmission issues, and a loud metallic flutter on my 2022 RAM Power Wagon on cold start, my patience for the brand is wearing thin. I have seen multiple dealerships, several different visits with said dealerships, and many phone calls with RAM Cares and the Stallantis Warranty hotline. All with no luck to get my truck taken care of. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. I have wasted time, fuel, and energy just trying to get my $72k truck serviced or even acknowledged. I can’t even drive the truck because I’m afraid of doing even more damage to it. I’ve even had multiple case managers and they’re all telling me they can’t proceed without a dealership diagnosing my truck… well that’s kind of difficult when the dealerships refuse me service or won’t even return my calls. I’m not a rude guy. I have been nothing short of nice and understanding with everyone I’ve seen/spoken to for this issue but I am out of options.

Kind of at a loss here, are you saying you can't get an appointment at any Ram dealer or you can get an appointment but once you arrive they refuse to take your truck in to look at?

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Stand your ground and give them the attitude they deserve… its not just RAM no brand is easy to deal with these days

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
Sounds like a dealership issue, not a RAM issue. I am lucky enough to have a dealer with great service. Hope you find a better dealer!

The1adman

Reaction score
Ford is the same. Several calls and messages left to schedule truck and refuses to return calls. I think any brand truck that requires warranty work now is going to be a bad experience.

MtnRider

Reaction score
You are contradicting yourself so we need to know the real story... You are saying you have seen multiple dealers multiple times but then saying they are refusing you "service" (define service).

Has a dealer looked at it and tried to diagnose the issue- Yes or No
If yes, did they find a problem - Yes or no

I see this a lot when people think there is something wrong but the dealer finds nothing. Either it is nothing or it hasn't thrown any codes yet. My advise, drive it until it really breaks.

And sadly. this scenario is a sign of the times so don't expect any different treatment from other brands...

batman900

Reaction score
I'm with @flan

Granted I have a good dealer, gave one of the service advisors my oem new Firestones when upgrading and it helped out his dad. He's super cool to me. But if I had trouble with them saying something is normal when I knew it was bad, I'd just send it and let it grenade. Hard to say something isn't bad after that.

Driver

Reaction score
Don't know about a loud metallic flutter but I experienced similar run around with my 1500 tranny shifting problems.

All Ram shops are looking for a code. Without one they don't know what to do, and Ram won't authorize the work without one.

It took me 6 tries with 3 different Ram dealers until I finally got a new tranny under warranty , but that was ONLY because it finally threw a code.

Users who are viewing this thread