Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram App / Guardian / Vehicle Health Report

DeadEndCustoms

Reaction score
I bought this truck ('21 Ram 2500 MC 6.7L) on February 3 2023. I connected the Sirius Guardian and it has not updated since February 6.

* Fuel Level / Miles to Empty has been 191.4 for 4 months
* Nothing in the Health Report has updated
* Door Lock/Unlock/Remote Start has always worked, as well updating the location.
* Several tickets have been opened and "resolved" but nothing has ever happened from Guardian.

I did a factory reset last month and then the UConnect said that I did not have a subscription. I contacted Guardian to explain that I had reset and I'm getting this error message. They told me nothing is wrong on their end and I have a hardware issue preventing the cellular from connecting, even though I was talking to them through the truck... So off to the dealer with 300 miles of warranty left... they said there was a fault and replaced part of the Uconnect system and then my Guardian not available message was no longer an issue. The app not working, still is an issue though.

I have contacted Guardian again, so now I've opened another ticket, and answered the same questions 3 times... Model of phone? Software version of phone? Carrier? App version?

Very frustrating. My trail is over in a few days and have not been able to even use it. I also do not get the health reports in my email, as nothing has been updated. I have driven 10,000 miles with no updates.

Anybody have this happen or know what could be broke to not communicate this? Today they told me to go to Mopar.com and try it out there. It only has the buttons to unlock/lock/start/cancel start but no health report data.

Thanks!

Will_T

Reaction score
I had the whole 9 yards of Guardian, Security, etc. etc. for a while after I bought my 21. It came from the dealer with that all set up and running. Even though my subscription was good and activated, I never found that much of it worked worth anything. The vehicle health report was never updated timely and when it was it was, it was not accurate. When the trial expired, I let it go. Just not worth the cost. Actually, to me not even worth 1/4 what they charge for it. Maybe the whole package would be worth $40 or $50 per year to me but not even sure of that. Even now a year or two later, they still spam me trying to get me to sign up for one deal or another. The latest "deal" is $155.00 for the first twelve months if you give them a credit card to charge you the full rate after the first year. I would never let that company sign you up for recurring charges. Even if it all ever did work as it should, I think it is way overpriced.

DeadEndCustoms

Reaction score
I had the whole 9 yards of Guardian, Security, etc. etc. for a while after I bought my 21. It came from the dealer with that all set up and running. Even though my subscription was good and activated, I never found that much of it worked worth anything. The vehicle health report was never updated timely and when it was it was, it was not accurate. When the trial expired, I let it go. Just not worth the cost. Actually, to me not even worth 1/4 what they charge for it. Maybe the whole package would be worth $40 or $50 per year to me but not even sure of that. Even now a year or two later, they still spam me trying to get me to sign up for one deal or another. The latest "deal" is $155.00 for the first twelve months if you give them a credit card to charge you the full rate after the first year. I would never let that company sign you up for recurring charges. Even if it all ever did work as it should, I think it is way overpriced.

Yeah, not a huge fan of it. I mean the SOS button could be useful in an accident or medical emergency while driving alone and isolated. As for the rest I don't seem to care for the stats, since all I have to do is go look. I do however travel often and I like being able to remotely start the truck and let it run every now and then. That I can still do, but can't stand paying for anything where half of the features are non-responsive.

Just looking to see if anyone has had any experience in fixing the issue. It's one of those things when you sell it, you sorta have to tell the buyer there are things that won't work on it, which could lose a sell as some may really want that feature and prefer to buy the truck next door that has it working (even though it's way overpriced!)

Thanks!

heynow

Reaction score
Yeah, not a huge fan of it. I mean the SOS button could be useful in an accident or medical emergency while driving alone and isolated. As for the rest I don't seem to care for the stats, since all I have to do is go look. I do however travel often and I like being able to remotely start the truck and let it run every now and then. That I can still do, but can't stand paying for anything where half of the features are non-responsive.

Just looking to see if anyone has had any experience in fixing the issue. It's one of those things when you sell it, you sorta have to tell the buyer there are things that won't work on it, which could lose a sell as some may really want that feature and prefer to buy the truck next door that has it working (even though it's way overpriced!)

In September I foolishly tried a 2 month trial for $1. I tried to cancel the automatic renewal but was disconnected after listening to their pitch. So I called back, got through the pitch again, was told I would receive an email confirming my cancellation. Never received the email and my credit card was charged $27 a couple weeks later. It's now being disputed by my credit card company.

heynow

Reaction score
In September I foolishly tried a 2 month trial for $1. I tried to cancel the automatic renewal but was disconnected after listening to their pitch. So I called back, got through the pitch again, was told I would receive an email confirming my cancellation. Never received the email and my credit card was charged $27 a couple weeks later. It's now being disputed by my credit card company.

Users who are viewing this thread