Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Box? Yay or Nay

TexasDodger

Reaction score
I went back-and-forth on to get the ram box or not on my new pick up. I chose to go with the Ram box and I got a say it is amazing. No regrets at all. The storage is great and the bed is cleaner looking. And I love the bed divider that allows you to hold items in place. My biggest concern was when I add an aftermarket fifth wheel but then I saw there are products to allow it. Only downfall is no in bed fifth wheel / gooseneck wiring but that can be added aftermarket.

OuterUB

Reaction score
I went back-and-forth on to get the ram box or not on my new pick up. I chose to go with the Ram box and I got a say it is amazing. No regrets at all. The storage is great and the bed is cleaner looking. And I love the bed divider that allows you to hold items in place. My biggest concern was when I add an aftermarket fifth wheel but then I saw there are products to allow it. Only downfall is no in bed fifth wheel / gooseneck wiring but that can be added aftermarket.
Yay.

I used mine constantly. Wouldn't be without it.

TexasDodger

Reaction score
I noticed that one side of the RamBox isn’t flush when it closes and when I press down on it it will go flush. Thinking I can adjust the stricker and/or latch. Anyone have same issue? I don’t want water getting past seal. Would take to dealer but may get truck back with hammer and fist marks on it. Suggestions?

OuterUB

Reaction score
It's a known issue with the older style Ram boxes. Sometimes you get lucky and they don't twist other times not so lucky. There's not a lot they can do but at least give the dealer a chance.

Jsboening

Reaction score
Check around there is a thread where someone added the trailer plug in the bed of his rambox. It’s doable for sure.

jebruns

Reaction score
Love my Ramboxes. So useful, and they don't take up any functional space for me. I can still slide a 4' wide piece of plywood in. I had to adjust them a little for flushness, but they've never leaked a drop.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I didn't think I'd like them in mine but I actually love them now. Mine fit well and don't seem to have a whole lot of weirdness to them as others have reported.

I find them plenty roomy - the alternative is I would need an in-bed toolbox if I didn't have them. They are easy to get into and I like that they lock with the truck. The downside is you do lose a bit of bed space but for me it hasn't been a problem at all. If I have something too big for the bed or if I need to haul a lot of heavy stuff like gravel or dirt I just hook onto the 5x10 utility trailer and tow it instead. Works out fine.

I would be hard pressed to buy another Ram without the RamBoxes

gpattikjr

Reaction score
1.All the kids **** goes in one rambox, even a basketball fits. All the tools and gear goes in the other box. Its nice having a non cluttered cab.
2.I've done the cargo box thing for years, whatever you need is always in the middle of the damn thing and you have to jump in the bed. God forbid you have a bed cover.
3. The rambox cargo bed divider is 100 times more useful than the bed space behind the wheel wells on a non rambox truck. Not to mention the ability to stack. IMG_20220426_181940_01.jpg

PXL_20220426_195649638.jpg

kevin588127

Reaction score
I toiled over this decision on my ordered 22. It is such a cheap option that it seems like a no brainer. I was worried about the 5th wheel thing but I'll cross that bridge if I ever think about going 5th wheel. The biggest complaint I have is that adding rambox on a bighorn forces you into the level c package, which adds to the price considerably. This is not the case on the tradesman. Ultimately decided that I really wanted the rambox. Hoping to be as happy with it as you guys are.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have them and love everything about them. No issues at all with mine. Doors close nice and tight and all line up perfectly. Ordered my 2020 back in December of 2019 so two years + and no issues.

Jsboening

Reaction score
My 2016 has them and my 2022 was ordered with them. I use them every day. Long live the ramboxes.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Absolutely love the Ram Boxes. All my hitch gear, levelers, Xchocks, etc.. go in there. Would not get one without them.

miles

Reaction score
I didn't think I'd like them in mine but I actually love them now. Mine fit well and don't seem to have a whole lot of weirdness to them as others have reported.

I find them plenty roomy - the alternative is I would need an in-bed toolbox if I didn't have them. They are easy to get into and I like that they lock with the truck. The downside is you do lose a bit of bed space but for me it hasn't been a problem at all. If I have something too big for the bed or if I need to haul a lot of heavy stuff like gravel or dirt I just hook onto the 5x10 utility trailer and tow it instead. Works out fine.

I would be hard pressed to buy another Ram without the RamBoxes
This is my findings to.
I was Leary about getting a ram box at first because I would lose bed space but I love it now and the bed divider

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Got your 8 footer right here.

View attachment 38470
Depends what you are doing with the box i guess for me thats a no go for most things plug gravel really eats up tailgate paint

Also when loaded with the 5th wheel i have so much room for other things. At the back of the box where you cant see is 3 5 gal cans of fuel and 2 30 lbs tanks of propane plus i added a bunch more fire wood after i took the picture lol

Attachments

• 92255646-923C-4BE6-9266-0B1886863A3A.jpeg
    92255646-923C-4BE6-9266-0B1886863A3A.jpeg
    528.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 67C3C04E-5997-4669-B8FA-A85F5DB5AAA4.jpeg
    67C3C04E-5997-4669-B8FA-A85F5DB5AAA4.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 48

Users who are viewing this thread