Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox Bed Cargo Divider

lgarrison34

Reaction score
The EBay ones seem to work just fine. $35. I don’t understand how this blocks the tailights tho. Should have came with the truck.
918acb11fb78adb2d8ff38bac3a3355f.jpg

862f8f24b4d589e1e50d987d6a96e7c8.jpg

1de323a6ccce49e3b86d0fd3fbad06a7.jpg

2edc75b086590fadbc8e724ebc8cf182.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I wish I knew the divider was that much money, thats crazy! I had it in my initial build, but then made some changes which bumped the price a bit, so I dropped a few accessories that I can just add once it arrives to keep me at the number I wanted monthly. I would never have thought that something would be so much more money after the fact!

Jim Merz

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Ebay. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thank you for your post with photos, I see they worked for you, what year is your truck? I ordered from a different vendor on ebay and the grommets don’t fit but the box handles do. The bolts on the grommets are larger. The box handles fit in both upper and lower flange nuts. My Power Wagon is a 2021. I am wondering if the lower flange nut size changed.

Jim Merz

Reaction score
I ordered some off Amazon and they seem to work just fine. No install issues.
What year is your RAM? And thank you for the link to Amazon, looking at the photos, it looks like the bolts for the handle are larger than the pivot grommets, is that true or is it an illusion and they are actually the same size?

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
What year is your RAM? And thank you for the link to Amazon, looking at the photos, it looks like the bolts for the handle are larger than the pivot grommets, is that true or is it an illusion and they are actually the same size?

My truck is a 2021. After I installed those bits I then did a test fit and nothing seemed like it wasn't going to work. I'll snap a photo for you. Stay tuned.

Chris.Gio

Reaction score
This is weird to me. I too have a 2021 with rambox and nifty gate.

you can see how gate unfolds and should anchor as a bed extender but there is nothing near tail gate to attach to. I suspected they forgot to install and started looking for parts. Dealer was clueless (“they keep making changes and no one tells us”).

interesting that others had to order the locking handle and post/grommet.

looks like there was a legal snag re tail light visibility. Real or imagined, I’m now guessing factory didn’t forget to install the pieces…. They were told not to.

Maiker

Reaction score
Hey quick question, does the cargo divider only work for Rams with the RamBox? I don't have the RamBox but would like to use the cargo divider.

PWHerman

Reaction score
Still waiting on my 2021 truck order, but I don't remember seeing an option for RamBox Utility Group. I swear there wasn't that option or I would have chosen it. I opted for the Rambox Cargo Management and the Bed Utility Group options. I assumed those two packages would include the divider/extender but it sounds like I'll be disappointed...That sucks because I wanted that divider and paying for it after the fact is expensive.

Last edited:

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
I dont remember if there was paint on mine. But i know they went right in without any issues. Any chance they are just misaligned. I know there is that plastic piece that you pop the covers out of.

Users who are viewing this thread