Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox remote Unlock/Lock issues

Lord muta

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not sure if it is from an update to their software or if something stopped working all together. I have the Ramboxes and when you lock or unlock your truck it will lock and unlock the tailgate and Ramboxes. Now for no apparent reason you can hear the lock sort of move but not unlock or lock either side. I've checked my settings under door locking and unlocking preferences etc. but nothing showed up for the tailgate or Rambox. I would suspect broken if both didn't stop working at the same time. I hate getting updates from Ram, they always seam to make my phone no longer connect to my truck and it blows away all my settings and I have to reprogram everything in my truck. Anyone have some thoughts on how to change this or 'fix' my issue? pulling the 'key' out of the fob everytime I need to lock and unlock my Rambox is an issue.

Thanks in advnace
Muta

kkerley

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not sure if it is from an update to their software or if something stopped working all together. I have the Ramboxes and when you lock or unlock your truck it will lock and unlock the tailgate and Ramboxes. Now for no apparent reason you can hear the lock sort of move but not unlock or lock either side. I've checked my settings under door locking and unlocking preferences etc. but nothing showed up for the tailgate or Rambox. I would suspect broken if both didn't stop working at the same time. I hate getting updates from Ram, they always seam to make my phone no longer connect to my truck and it blows away all my settings and I have to reprogram everything in my truck. Anyone have some thoughts on how to change this or 'fix' my issue? pulling the 'key' out of the fob everytime I need to lock and unlock my Rambox is an issue.

Thanks in advnace
Muta
I had mine stop "working" with the remote also. It would make noise but not lock or unlock the rambox, had to use the key. There are connectors holding rods that actuate the locking mechanism, one of those connectors broke. Maybe check that, I don't remember where but I found a post about it with a google search, here is what I ordered to fix it, has worked fine since.

Razzman

Reaction score
Could be one of two things, either the little clips holding the rods under the cover above the latch, or it could be the actuator itself gone bad. I've had both happen on mine.

liquid.ace

Reaction score
I had one of the plastic rod clips break around 15800 miles. I purchased replacements off Amazon same as what is linked in one of the above posts.
Odd that both sides would do this at the same time but completely possible. Fairly easy fix overall but as Iowagon mentioned, just open up the cover and you will be able to see. In fact you may be able to see it with a flashlight and looking into the cover at the right angle while pressing the lock/unlock to see the actuator moving the rod.

Lord muta

Reaction score
While I agree it could be the actuators, the clips or a combination of all of the above, just very odd that they both did it on the exact same day. I have a warranty still, so I'll take it in and make the dealer fix it. and find the clips needed to fix it myself later when warranty runs out.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
While I agree it could be the actuators, the clips or a combination of all of the above, just very odd that they both did it on the exact same day. I have a warranty still, so I'll take it in and make the dealer fix it. and find the clips needed to fix it myself later when warranty runs out.
We certainly understand how this would be concerning. We would be more than willing to assist in resolving this alongside your dealer. Please send our team a private message for support while your vehicle is being serviced. Our team would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf.

Chris,
Ram Cares

NC Rebel

Reaction score
For $5.00 , I would do it myself instead of the hassle of taking it into the dealer. If it is in fact broken clips.

Lord muta

Reaction score
For $5.00 , I would do it myself instead of the hassle of taking it into the dealer. If it is in fact broken clips.
Yup I just confirmed it's the clips, and like 5-6 screws to take out for the cover. not worth my time to drop off my truck and have them take 2 days to fix it. I'll do it myself.

Iowagon

Reaction score
Got that right. I had the dealer do it the first time because I already had the truck in for a recall notice. Gave me the run around for most of the day, telling me they needed their "electrical expert" to look at it and he wasn't there at the moment. Do it your self. Unless your hands are too big. LOL.

Lord muta

Reaction score
Got that right. I had the dealer do it the first time because I already had the truck in for a recall notice. Gave me the run around for most of the day, telling me they needed their "electrical expert" to look at it and he wasn't there at the moment. Do it your self. Unless your hands are too big. LOL.
Yeah my buddy was a mechanic and service advisor for like 20 yrs. many times the service advisor is given crap by techs cause the tech hasn't looked at it even. but when my buddy was the SA, He told it to them strait. I'll find out on the hands part later. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread