Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start, ac on?

FDsouthtexas

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue with my 2022 1500 Lariat.
I went to vehicle settings and selected remote start (didn’t work). Went back and selected “all start”. Climate control still shows off when I get in.
It actually worked when I bought the truck last month but for some reason it stopped

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at the owners manual it will describe the HVAC operation on remote start based on ambient temp.

Short story it does its own thing until you turn the ignition on and then it comes back to life where you had it set last.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue with my 2022 1500 Lariat.
I went to vehicle settings and selected remote start (didn’t work). Went back and selected “all start”. Climate control still shows off when I get in.
It actually worked when I bought the truck last month but for some reason it stopped
You should be in a different forum if you have a “Lariat” as thats a Ford turd, also you may find more luck in the 1/2 ton forum 5thgenrams.com…

• Haha
Reactions: CFE

R2500guy

Reaction score
Although this system works as intended, it's rediculous. On a fall day, upstate NY it's 65°-75° at 4:30-5pm. I have the system off and windows down. At 6:30-7am the next mornong it's 45° and the remote start does nothing because its above 40° and I had it off the previous afternoon. This is so dumb. We need options to set it for whatever comfort we want on remote start: heated seats, steering wheel, max heat / ac, etc. For a $75k truck this needs an update.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Although this system works as intended, it's rediculous. On a fall day, upstate NY it's 65°-75° at 4:30-5pm. I have the system off and windows down. At 6:30-7am the next mornong it's 45° and the remote start does nothing because its above 40° and I had it off the previous afternoon. This is so dumb. We need options to set it for whatever comfort we want on remote start: heated seats, steering wheel, max heat / ac, etc. For a $75k truck this needs an update.
Do you have ot set for all starts on the comfort settings, or are you saying it's not old enough to trigger the heated seat?

I had a 2022 F350 that was the dame way BTW

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Its on 45°F why do you need heat? Lol

R2500guy

Reaction score
Nevermind, I was wrong on my last post. I thought that was the case but after testing it again today, if the outside ambient temp is between 41 - 77 degrees F then nothing will happen until you get in the truck and push the start button. I don't have the phone app so I don't know if that could set the temps but the key'd remote start is a joke. It won't restart where you left it at all (previous days setting), it just doesn't have any climate control outside of these idiotic built in temps. How hard would it be to allow me to set these temps in the console? It should be pretty easy to do that. This is such a joke. RAM needs to overhual who is building their UI and the decissions they're making with this. For such an expensive truck it should work like every other new vechicle on the market. My girfriends $20k honda has better remote start options than than my brand new 2022 RAM 2500 Laramie. Her honda has WAY better highway auto steering/lane correct. The lane assist in my RAM is a total JOKE, it litterly doesn't work half the time and only keeps you from going over one line and can't recorrect itself. My GF $20k honda can drive itself on the highway at 80+mph with very little input. This really needs an update or I'm going to look elsewhere for my next truck. So annoying starting a vechicle with a remote start and it being cold when you get in it.

R2500guy

Reaction score
Do you have ot set for all starts on the comfort settings, or are you saying it's not old enough to trigger the heated seat?

I had a 2022 F350 that was the dame way BTW
I tried it set to remote and all starts, same thing. If the temp is over 40F and under 78F then it won't do anything at all. It will just sit there like my idiot cousin with his hands in his pockets all day. This truck would be perfect for him, he'll complain he's too cold to pick up anything until noon.

Users who are viewing this thread