Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning Member...New Truck!

unxpctd

Reaction score
Hey gang...originally joined a while ago as I had a 2021 75A Power Wagon. I was happy with it...great truck! Mileage was not good with the 6.4...as expected. Had it decked out just like I wanted it but the payload was sooo low I was having issues. Had a Decked system and a Softopper and with gear in the back along with very small camper (250lb tongue weight/3000lbs overall) it was wobbling a few times on our last trip to Colorado (off grid camping) 2 months ago. I was frustrated. Loved this truck but realize it wasn't going to be enough to do what I wanted over the next few years.

I retire in about 2 years and was looking to upgrade by then to a 2500 or a 3500 to pull a larger travel trailer (7K lbs) or a put a truck camper on it (1500lbs payload alone). Looking at trucks I finally decided to get a 1-ton 3500/Cummins so the payload or towing won't be an issue.

2 weeks ago I found a smoking deal.... 92K MSRP Laramie 3500/Cummins with everything I wanted... 3950 payload. Laramie Night edition / 12" screen...black exterior black trim and black interior. 72K with 19 miles on it. I jumped on it. I literally called the dealership as their website said it was "In transit" and the salesman called me back 30 mins later said it arrived that morning. No haggling deal...72K for the new 3500/Diesel Laramie and they gave me what I wanted for my Power Wagon.

Bought it that day....

Had a spray in liner installed yesterday (Go Rhino) with some Xpel 80% tint on the front windows along with a 5% eyebrow along the top of the windshield.
Running boards arrived a few days ago and will go on this weekend! Go Rhino Dominator DSS.
Front grill LED light bar / A-Pillar lights (XL80) / Reverse Lights from CJC Off Road will get installed in the next month or two...they are on order.

My Decked system and Softopper go on this weekend...Should be looking good!

I have numerous questions...but will get to them later. I am absolutely amazed at this Cummins engine. The torque is amazing. It doesn't even downshift on hills... 18mpg on the dash so far.

Thank you all. Looking forward to contributing and commenting. I wasn't really involved on this forum while I had my 75A PW...but this will change....I'll be around more. Thanks for all the
information and conversation you provide. I appreciate it!

Sincerly,

Mark
2023 3500 Night Edition

Attachments

• 20231118_154903.jpg
    20231118_154903.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 34

flan

Reaction score
Looks nice! Congrats on the new ride..

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Nice truck... congrats!!

No fender flares on the Laramie any longer?

Users who are viewing this thread