Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road armor bumper experience

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
So I have always liked the look of road armor bumpers, had one on my 3rd gen and loved it. About 3 months ago I happened to stumble across a clearance sale on their website, they had dozens of bumpers for our trucks 50% off.. sounded like a great deal so I added one to my cart. Had a small question on fitment prior to placing the order so I reached out. I received an answer the next morning and decided I would place the order. Much to my surprise since they showed 12 in stock it was no longer available. I was told by the rep they had opted to sell all of the clearance inventory to a single distributor. That sucked. They offered me a smaller discount or suggested I wait for a sale again. The following weekend the bumper I wanted was placed in sale for 40% off. I figured ok great it's a few hundred $ more but still an OK deal. Placed my order the first week of october. Over a month goes by still no word on shipment, I reached out and was told it would ship early December. Fast forward to black friday, much to my dismay they ran a black Friday sale, 50% off plus a free $800 mobile fridge. Considering my bumper hadn't even been built yet I reached out and asked if there was anyway I could get the cooler, I was told sorry they were no longer offering that deal. Fast forward to today yet again they are running the same 50% off plus a cooler sale. I asked again if there is any chance that since my bumper still has not shipped if I could cancel my order t9 reorder and take advantage of the $400 savings and get a free cooler. Again told nothing they can do. So basically I get screwed for placing my order early instead of waiting for the sales. Pretty disappointed in the lack of customer satisfaction. Especially considering its been nearly 3 months, I still don't have the bumper and could have saved a chunk on money. I know its not their fault and Sorry to rant but it's been a pretty disappointing experience. Most any retailer would offer some sort of compensation if they put an item on sale weeks after you purchase it especially if you haven't even received it. At this point I don't even want the bumper anymore. And certainly won't be doing business with them in the future. **end rant**

RamItHome

Reaction score
That sucks, and is very poor customer service. I would tell them you want to cancel the order or it will be disputed through the credit card or bank. The big three credit card companies are normally up to 120 days to dispute. I would then take by business elsewhere.

Nick

Reaction score
So I have always liked the look of road armor bumpers, had one on my 3rd gen and loved it. About 3 months ago I happened to stumble across a clearance sale on their website, they had dozens of bumpers for our trucks 50% off.. sounded like a great deal so I added one to my cart. Had a small question on fitment prior to placing the order so I reached out. I received an answer the next morning and decided I would place the order. Much to my surprise since they showed 12 in stock it was no longer available. I was told by the rep they had opted to sell all of the clearance inventory to a single distributor. That sucked. They offered me a smaller discount or suggested I wait for a sale again. The following weekend the bumper I wanted was placed in sale for 40% off. I figured ok great it's a few hundred $ more but still an OK deal. Placed my order the first week of october. Over a month goes by still no word on shipment, I reached out and was told it would ship early December. Fast forward to black friday, much to my dismay they ran a black Friday sale, 50% off plus a free $800 mobile fridge. Considering my bumper hadn't even been built yet I reached out and asked if there was anyway I could get the cooler, I was told sorry they were no longer offering that deal. Fast forward to today yet again they are running the same 50% off plus a cooler sale. I asked again if there is any chance that since my bumper still has not shipped if I could cancel my order t9 reorder and take advantage of the $400 savings and get a free cooler. Again told nothing they can do. So basically I get screwed for placing my order early instead of waiting for the sales. Pretty disappointed in the lack of customer satisfaction. Especially considering its been nearly 3 months, I still don't have the bumper and could have saved a chunk on money. I know its not their fault and Sorry to rant but it's been a pretty disappointing experience. Most any retailer would offer some sort of compensation if they put an item on sale weeks after you purchase it especially if you haven't even received it. At this point I don't even want the bumper anymore. And certainly won't be doing business with them in the future. **end rant**
Probably a bunch of people still waiting for their bumpers and coolers also . 3 months ! You can order and receive a new truck in that time frame . Tell them you want your money back or a bumper or you will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if this is not done .

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Probably a bunch of people still waiting for their bumpers and coolers also . 3 months ! You can order and receive a new truck in that time frame . Tell them you want your money back or a bumper or you will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if this is not done .
To be fair they do tell you when you order that the bumpers are made to order and typically 6-8 weeks for delivery but I am well past the 8 weeks.. I honestly don't even care about the cooler I would have been happy if they just offered to refund the difference in the sale amount which was about $370.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Well I finally.received the bumper early February.. much longer than expected but at least I got it.. looks decent couple over cuts on the brush guard that should have been welded.. Will probably be a rust point if I don't seal them. Wish I had noticed before I dropped it off for powder coat. Pretty happy with how it turned out. I went with prismatic powders hdwhite to match my pearly white and it is spot on. 20240310_164546.jpg20240310_164555.jpg20240310_170924.jpg20240310_170928.jpg20240310_164541.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread