Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country leveling kit possible issue?

burtonfamily101

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I installed RC leveling spacers a few months back. I wanted to see if anyone else's is like this. The pasanger side coil now seems to be more bent than the driver. I follow the instructions right, does this look right? I read that the part between the spacer and the spring might be on the wrong spot, but I double check the intructions. I will asl RC support but rather ask here first.

Thanks1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Enve46

Reaction score
This is the major issue with the spacer lifts of this size. You can check your caster/can washers settings and adjust it as far to the back as possible to help correct the spring bow.

Best course of action is get a proper spring shock package and level it that way. Thuren/Carli/Bilstein all have great options

burtonfamily101

Reaction score
Yeah that was what I was thinking too, just going back to stock and get something like this below. Only thing I have 295/70/18 on factory wheels now. Wonder how bad they will rub.

burtonfamily101

Reaction score
Thanks for all your guys input. I realize now "stupid me" that RC has there own alignment requirements after installing the lift. I did have it alignment but I didnt tell the tech any specs so I am sure they just did it to factory. Still debating on just taking them off for now. Mainly since you guys confirmed I shouldnt have any rubbing issue, but I like the level look lol. I really like the idea of just springs at 1inch, leaving a little rake, Will help the sag when towing my 33ft trailer.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
Thuren has 1" coils. Just set to their Spec for Alignment. I ran the same size tire on my 18 2500 and had Radius and Sway Bar Rub with my Stock Wheels. Cooper AT3 Tire.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
Radius and Sway Bar Rub with my Stock Wheels.
How much rub did you experience - minor? I'm looking to run that size tire for more load capacity on my 24. I've read from others with that size @ stock height and they experienced zero rub.

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
Just enough for Paint removal. From what I am Hearing some do and some don't. I did experience it with stock wheels. It might depend on the Tire.

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
Yeah that was what I was thinking too, just going back to stock and get something like this below. Only thing I have 295/70/18 on factory wheels now. Wonder how bad they will rub.

I have 295/70/18 on stock wheels on 2” Thuren system. Zero rub, but I do have his swaybar.

burtonfamily101

Reaction score
Wow that looks soo much better Enve46! Doesnt look bent at all.

I feel like the isloater on my kit is the issue. The driver side looks normal. We'll better. Maybe getting mine aligned to RC will help. Guessing since its just the caster, nothing I can try and do at home right? Hesitant to spend another $100 if it doesnt help and I take them off. Then I have to do another.

Amazon has this little tester, but no idea how to gauge the caster.

kirk-35

Reaction score
OP, that looks like a spring isolator issue to me. I’d recommend dropping the front suspension again and verifying the springs are rotated correctly in the isolater . If they aren’t plan on replacing the isolators.
Do a google search on Ram 2500 isolators and you’ll see this happens frequently, even with the expensive springs.

Users who are viewing this thread