Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPM act . Dont let the EPA get you. "Recognizing The Protection Of Motorsports"

UglyViking

Reaction score
I will probably be somewhat alone in this view but I can't stand this constant "oh guys, the EPA got us!". To be clear, I didn't watch the full video, I started to but it was rambling on without making any real points. Here is what we know:
  • Selling delete devices, tunes, potentially hardware that is used for deletes is illegal
  • The EPA will lay in wait until you've sold enough that they can get some income from the "bust"
  • Not knowing the law is no excuse
I'm all for signing the RPM act, but people act like it's gonna kill the EPA and allow deletes again. It wont, at least not for any road registered vehicle, it will be a track only thing. Now, perhaps you can make the argument that it will be similar to all other "track only" or "off road only" products, thats fine and fair but I expect there to be some wonky rules that follow to prevent this.

Either way, the law is currently the law. All this "guys they got us for doing an illegal thing" is becoming tiresome. While I think the EPA has overstepped it's bounds many times, and I am no fan of government overreach, it's not surprising.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Good video.. Brent is such a interesting watch--sad to see them go through this. I'll be signing.

Users who are viewing this thread