Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soft front suspension?

Chris1911

Reaction score
Just got my 2019 2500 CC 6.4 4x4 a couple weeks ago. It rides quite a bit better than the 2018 2500 i traded in, but the front suspension sure feels soft to me. It bottoms out on speed bumps easier than i think it should. Does that happen with anyone else's truck?

Ruffone

Reaction score
I’ve got the same truck but in the off-road black edition and mines not soft at all going over speed bumps. It’s stiff just like my last 2500.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Are you sure it’s bottoming out? You’d have to hit a speed bump awfully fast to do that.

slimchance

Reaction score
i have the same trk ... i agree it feels like it is bottoming out on something like a speed bump or at a local metal bridge going over a small stream , it bottoms so hard it feels like it could damage the wheels so i slow way down which anoys (TS) people following me ... my wife's 1500 does not have the same feel

Chris1911

Reaction score
Are you sure it’s bottoming out? You’d have to hit a speed bump awfully fast to do that.

Yes. Feels like it’s at the end of its travel. Don’t have to be going fast at all. When it rolls over the hump and compresses, it hits the bottom.

redman

Reaction score
Do you think you got some bad shocks? Not the norm for sure.

Sarge33Army

Reaction score
Best course of action (COA) is to get it to your dealer and take a ride with the service tech. BTW - In 1976, I purchased a new Chevy K10 and both right side shocks were only attached at the top. The tech called me to the back and showed me the shocks. This "defect" was found during the pre-delivery inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread