Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still lost on which aftermarket wheels will fit my truck

StrayCat

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if these AmericanRacing wheels will fit my 2022 RAM 2500. I was told a 18mm offset would work but only if the rims are 18x9(dealer told me this), im looking at some wheels that are 18x8

Some web sites will show me wheels that fit, other sites I'm swinging in the dark. Im in Canada so alot of the great USA sites are no good to me as the shipping costs, duties and exchange rates conspire to double or triple prices. Local dealers are lost on the topic. (IDK how that is), I live in a remote area so my options are limited for walk-in stores.

Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 8.27.58 PM.png

Chris1911

Reaction score
You would want to go +18, if you don't want them to stick out much. Aftermarket wheels don't seem to go more positive than that, other than a few +20s.

Last edited:

StrayCat

Reaction score
Yea, im basically looking for OEM fitment, nothing sticking out.

so on a 18x8 rim im not sure what that means for offset. options are limited on this rim, its 18 offset or nothing

I like the style of this wheel (AR62 Outlaw II), and its not expensive. These will be winter wheels for here in Canada, so I don't want spend a fortune on wheels that will get some exposure to salt etc.

Wanderlust073

Reaction score
Can’t you use tirerack or one of those sites to verify fitment then order somewhere local?

Wholeo

Reaction score
If you are looking for OEM fitment you don't want to go with a negative offset as that will push the tire out and positve
offset brings the tire in. For example, I think the OEM night edition wheels are +57 offset. A lot of good videos on Youtube
by CJC Offroad and many others that can help you out.

StrayCat

Reaction score
If you are looking for OEM fitment you don't want to go with a negative offset as that will push the tire out and positve
offset brings the tire in. For example, I think the OEM night edition wheels are +57 offset. A lot of good videos on Youtube
by CJC Offroad and many others that can help you out.
yes, agreed, that why I was wondering if the +18 would be ok or not.

ill look at CJC Offroad

thanks

this whole wheel thing seems like black magic to me. Ive not got a friggin clue what to buy. I understand the concept, and what + or - offset does, but what will fit my truck has me puzzled, and I don't want to order something and find it doesn't fit

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
18x9 and I thought +18 is what I run. with 285/75r18 tires, it's really close to stock.

BadKarma

Reaction score
+25 backspace is 5.8 on a 17”x8.5

Attachments

• IMG_4703.jpeg
    IMG_4703.jpeg
    492.9 KB · Views: 25

phatboy64

Reaction score
Yea, im basically looking for OEM fitment, nothing sticking out.

so on a 18x8 rim im not sure what that means for offset. options are limited on this rim, its 18 offset or nothing

I like the style of this wheel (AR62 Outlaw II), and its not expensive. These will be winter wheels for here in Canada, so I don't want spend a fortune on wheels that will get some exposure to salt etc.
Use this link

jadmt

Reaction score
if you can do 17" AEV wheels have the perfect offset +27mm don't stick out and are available in Canada via northridge4x4/ca free shipping and priced not terrible.
IMG_20220427_094738035_HDR.jpg

TrunkMonkey

Reaction score
I have 18x8 +18 wheels on my 2022 and they fit great. They line up pretty well with the outside of the fender, maybe stick out 1/2" to 1" outside the fender. I will be purchasing a better looking tire with a more aggressive sidewall soon. And for what it is worth the website I ordered them from told me they wouldn't fit, but for the price I took a chance and they are perfect for what I wanted.

IMG_5860.jpg

airboss

Reaction score
no matter what wheels you buy the mopar version will always be higher quality

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Nowhere near the weight rating of those above, so I assume weaker overall.
Had a persistent vibration with the new and stock rims that went away with those above.
But..would have never replaced the OEM if it weren’t for that wobble.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
curious as well. I've had a set of discount tire specials that have been on the truck since new. 4yrs this month. they've been through hell. I keep them maintained. still look great when cleaned up.

StrayCat

Reaction score
18x9 and I thought +18 is what I run. with 285/75r18 tires, it's really close to stock.

yea the ones im after are 18x8 and a 18mm offset I hank will push my wheels out about 39mm wider than OEM so I think Im F'd on those wheels.

Ill try some off the fitment sites again, but few/none have a 18x8 rim available and the 18x9's are all out of my price bracket (at least the ones I like)

Im in Canada, and it seems our prices are just off the freakin charts for nice wheels. Im $ 400-500/ wheel and 400-500 per tire with taxes Id be $4000 CAD...madness

StrayCat

Reaction score

Well, im in Canada, and our salted winter roads tend to eat aluminum wheels for dinner. Id like to keep my OEM wheels for the spring/summer/fall and have a decent looking winter wheel that doesnt cost a fortune. ie they're gonna get calcium chloride on them, which eats the rims, so im not spending $500 CAD on wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread