Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop Sale due to Grid Heater Relay Recall

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Took his truck in for the Y43 recall and he said they also did the GH relay

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
So, on a different forum there is a member that posted that he had the grid heater relay recall done yesterday. Maybe dealerships are starting to get the parts in.
That would be awesome news!
As asked above: a link would be awesome if you can. Thanks!

Ronstar

Reaction score
Just notified my truck was shipped out from the factory on March 15 and expected dealer delivery is April 11. Ran the VIN thru the recall tracker link and it shows incomplete so assuming not repaired. Now assuming service department is “expecting” parts and instructions soon. I hate assuming as thats often false hope but as mentioned earlier years of military taught patience.
There are no ‘23s at the dealer but all the ‘22s are showing a bunch of money off !!!

Basser53

Reaction score
Was at the dealership today and the service manager said there still isn't a fix for it.. not sure how accurate that is..they have trucks they can't sell .. my 18 ,21 and now 22 all had grid heater relay recalls. Not sure why they don't find a better relay..

Adam06

Reaction score
Stopped by a local dealership(small one) to see if they could program a key. They have quite a few 2022 Cummins trucks for sale . How can some dealers sale trucks and some can’t?

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Looks like he has a 5500 C&C, I think I read somewhere that they were doing the C&C trucks first but could absolutely be wrong on that part.
Seems accurate. I got mine weeks ago for a 3500 C/C. Been waiting for feedback to see how much it screws up before I let them do mine.

flan

Reaction score
Stopped by a local dealership(small one) to see if they could program a key. They have quite a few 2022 Cummins trucks for sale . How can some dealers sale trucks and some can’t?
They are for sale you just can’t take them home

RossWatkins

Cranky
Reaction score
To William @RamCares. Can you give us who have their vehicles sitting in dealer lots an update? It is beyond frustrating that we are not hearing any official time lines or potential fix from Ram. Surely the fix is a simple one - put the same grid Heater in that has been put into the post Feb 1st production vehicles! The frustration for us that have pick ups sitting in dealer lots is beyond words. Does Ram Care, really care? Or do we just not matter? I was lucky enough to get a loan vehicle for 2 weeks, so I can continue to work. Sadly that loan vehicle has broken down and now I’m stuck unless I rent a pick up @ $1000 per week! What does Ram plan to do to compensate us who have our vehicles impounded? Please do not ask me to pm you, this is very much a public issue, thus your response should and must be targeted to all customers who want answers on this.

StrayCat

Reaction score
I guess I was fortunate that here in Canada they can sell/release the recalled trucks. I got my new 2500 3 weeks ago (after the recall was issued). I just cannot park it in my garage or near anything. I waited 11 months for my truck to arrive (from date of order to delivery) , so im glad I got to take it home when it finally came in.

Dealer here has no ETA on replacement parts and suggested that I have to wait until I get my letter from Stelantis to say that parts are available.

My plan is to NOT wait for that letter, rather ill keep my ear to the ground and as soon as I hear a new part is available ill be calling to get my truck in for a replacement part.

scdo

Reaction score
I’m not sure when this updated but it looks like the parts are now available. This is shown on the mopar website. Anyone hear from their dealer?

Attachments

• 40B69059-F702-43C8-AA71-699E4F6CBDFD.jpeg
    40B69059-F702-43C8-AA71-699E4F6CBDFD.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 36

RossWatkins

Cranky
Reaction score
I’m not sure when this updated but it looks like the parts are now available. This is shown on the mopar website. Anyone hear from their dealer?
I checked the Moper web site too. Fingers crossed it accurate. I have reached out to my dealer, as soon as l hear what they have found, l will post.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score

Your right the website says parts available. We will see.

Attachments

• BA8042A9-544A-4681-A751-52CF6FC83F7F.jpeg
    BA8042A9-544A-4681-A751-52CF6FC83F7F.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 32

Cseybert

Reaction score
Can we purchase the parts and repair? I don’t trust dealers?

BroadStBully

Reaction score
Good catch. I glance at that ram recall page all the time but just assumed it was still saying 'unavailable '. Reached out to my dealer and he said the part has been ordered. Just no ETA yet. Fingers crossed we are getting close.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
I would definitely call your dealer. I’m at my dealership. I’m told they have one in stock. I’m here to ensure that one is placed on my truck. Will update if something changes.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
Can we purchase the parts and repair? I don’t trust dealers?

I’m sure you can if the parts available. Just go purchase and do it yourself unless it’s under a stop sale then I’m sure the dealer will be responsible for fixing prior to selling.

Users who are viewing this thread