Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to replace brake pads and rotors

kristof

Reaction score
I almost hit 60,000 miles on my 2020 Ram 2500. Time to replace brake pads and rotors. What do you guys recommend? Mopar or aftermarket?

kristof

Reaction score
Do you guys always replace both front and rear at the same time? Or you measure and ten decide if both need to be replaced?

WisHawk

Reaction score
I measure and replace as needed. You should always replace in sets as (front pair./back pair)

techman

Reaction score
What is "typical" for brake pad life expectancy? I'm assuming the OP has a hemi? The Cummins trucks must go pretty far on a set with exhaust brake capability?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
What is "typical" for brake pad life expectancy? I'm assuming the OP has a hemi? The Cummins trucks must go pretty far on a set with exhaust brake capability?
Really depends im at 60k km and still over 1/2 pads… in town driving will kill brakes much faster

OP i buy what ever the local parts store stocks (i get parts at cost). They happen to be powerstop which has worked well for me

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Why are you replacing both pads and rotors it would seem that you could just replace the pads.

Unless of course the rotors have already been turned (would take multiple times) and are to thin to be turned again.

Last edited:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
PowerStop seems to have a nice media campaign and no real hard facts which I could find to support the claim that they are 'better' in any way/shape/form.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
PowerStop seems to have a nice media campaign and no real hard facts which I could find to support the claim that they are 'better' in any way/shape/form.

The best I have ever installed/used on the work trucks..longest lasting aftermarket by far.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You are digging far too deep they are just brakes man… they are the most commonly stocked brand thats why they are most popular

Nick

Reaction score
Usually a set price per rotor at a tire and brake shop anywhere from 15 to 30 at brake shops in my area S Cal . Which is much cheaper than new . It is worth checking out .

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Usually a set price per rotor at a tire and brake shop anywhere from 15 to 30 at brake shops in my area S Cal . Which is much cheaper than new . It is worth checking out .
Thats really good pricing, Hell if you can find someone with a brake lathe here its 135$/hr

Users who are viewing this thread