Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Wanderlust073

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but is there anything happening now or are you just posting regen pics till the thing detonates and you can point Ram to the smoldering pile of rubble?

Dinky503

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but is there anything happening now or are you just posting regen pics till the thing detonates and you can point Ram to the smoldering pile of rubble?

I post here just to keep the timeline going. My whole story is here in order with proof. I hope this thread can help some other out if they find themselves there.

Dealership and Ram are wanting to get in for repair but I can't till I get a rental I can tow with. Ram finally reached out to me about rental reimbursement but it is only for 10 days. I am waiting for the response of they will cover all rental cost and take the 10 days away. I will let them do what they need and I am working other avenues to resolve the issue.

Dinky503

Reaction score
7th regen and current oil level.

Attachments

• 20240507_060154.jpg
    20240507_060154.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240507_054834.jpg
    20240507_054834.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 20

Dinky503

Reaction score
Dang, any word back yet from the customer retention team?

Absolutely nothing.... Last they said was they could approve a rental up to $90 a day reimbursement and after 10days the would have to get it approved again. I told them I need approval for the entire time my truck is not in my possession. They had my trucks for 14 weeks and what happens when they don't approve the next 10 days lol.

This conversation was on Friday the 3rd and sent a follow-up email yesterday. Still nothing and my truck can not go in for repairs untill I have a replacement this time. My work truck is in for recalls and warranty work.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I didn’t have time to go through the Responses, but have you had the Y-43 sensor installed? Did your truck come with all the sensors?

Dinky503

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I didn’t have time to go through the Responses, but have you had the Y-43 sensor installed? Did your truck come with all the sensors?

My truck did not have it, but had the recall done. There was a STAR case opened up on my truck. They replace pretty much everything they think was the issue. Current flash as well.

Dinky503

Reaction score
At this point, it seems like a weight loss program is what I would do on the truck.

If RAM can’t even get a handle on this kinda ****, there would be zero motivation for me to keep dealing with it.

Yeah thats the last thing you would do. Void any warranty with motor damage seems great.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
At this point, it seems like a weight loss program is what I would do on the truck.

If RAM can’t even get a handle on this kinda ****, there would be zero motivation for me to keep dealing with it.

Absolutely not! The engine is likely damaged from all the fuel in the oil, why would you want to own their failure by voiding the engine warranty?

Dinky503

Reaction score
Fine.

A catastrophic fire should do the ticket then.

Deleting can fix a lot we know, one thing average people do not understand some people need emissions for commercial use. Deleting is not really the answer for quite a few people and were left fighting to keep going. If more people actually pushed back instead of deleting their trucks we would probably be in a better place. There would be a lot more trucks at the dealership raising issues and would probably be escalated for a national buy back for everyone.

Deltron

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing.... Last they said was they could approve a rental up to $90 a day reimbursement and after 10days the would have to get it approved again. I told them I need approval for the entire time my truck is not in my possession. They had my trucks for 14 weeks and what happens when they don't approve the next 10 days lol.

This conversation was on Friday the 3rd and sent a follow-up email yesterday. Still nothing and my truck can not go in for repairs untill I have a replacement this time. My work truck is in for recalls and warranty work.
I'm a bit mystified here. I'd have traded it in and let it be the dealer's problem.

My truck is in again. My solution is likely going to be a 7.3 gasser Ford. The new diesels from all three are a mess emissions wise. As far as I can tell dealers have no idea what's happening with the '22 model. You can bet Stellantis knows and they're doing everything they can to not address it because it's likely something very expensive.

Two different dealers that have serviced my vehicle said their mechanics despise the '19+ trucks. I can understand why, mine's nothing but trouble after a stellar '18.

Trash Panda

Reaction score
Deleting can fix a lot we know, one thing average people do not understand some people need emissions for commercial use. Deleting is not really the answer for quite a few people and were left fighting to keep going. If more people actually pushed back instead of deleting their trucks we would probably be in a better place. There would be a lot more trucks at the dealership raising issues and would probably be escalated for a national buy back for everyone.
I drive trucks for commercial use 6 days a week, and every last one of them has either undergone a weight loss program, or has one planned.

I’m assuming you’re operating out of California or some place similar where that is extremely prohibitive?

Dinky503

Reaction score
I drive trucks for commercial use 6 days a week, and every last one of them has either undergone a weight loss program, or has one planned.

I’m assuming you’re operating out of California or some place similar where that is extremely prohibitive?

Yes Oregon, and most western states have rules on it. Idaho actually has higher emissions standards than Oregon. I am guessing it will be a national standard soon seems to be their agenda.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I'm a bit mystified here. I'd have traded it in and let it be the dealer's problem.

My truck is in again. My solution is likely going to be a 7.3 gasser Ford. The new diesels from all three are a mess emissions wise. As far as I can tell dealers have no idea what's happening with the '22 model. You can bet Stellantis knows and they're doing everything they can to not address it because it's likely something very expensive.

Two different dealers that have serviced my vehicle said their mechanics despise the '19+ trucks. I can understand why, mine's nothing but trouble after a stellar '18.

I am so far down the rabbit hole might as well keep going now. I thought about trading in but I really don't want another truck payment as mines is paid off. Its too late for trade in now since my truck sounds like crap and smokes when in regen mode. I will take this to the end and hopefully people can gain knowledge vs running from the problem.

AZCummins

Reaction score
I am so far down the rabbit hole might as well keep going now. I thought about trading in but I really don't want another truck payment as mines is paid off. Its too late for trade in now since my truck sounds like crap and smokes when in regen mode. I will take this to the end and hopefully people can gain knowledge vs running from the problem.
images

Users who are viewing this thread