Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Enve46

Reaction score
I am so far down the rabbit hole might as well keep going now. I thought about trading in but I really don't want another truck payment as mines is paid off. Its too late for trade in now since my truck sounds like crap and smokes when in regen mode. I will take this to the end and hopefully people can gain knowledge vs running from the problem.
While I liked my deleted truck it was cause I wanted to not cause I had to. Thats the thing people don’t understand about it, it’s designed to work a certain way and when it does, there’s little downside to it. The problem is this truck for example, SOMETHING is destroying the whole thing and it’s related to the emissions. Boggles my mind there’s no solution here and even more so the truck is still in your possession. Hell, I’ve seen truck being sold under buy back for a radio issue. This is far worse to the point loved ones can’t be safely driven in it. Wild and utterly disgraceful of Ram to not step up here and do the right thing

Dinky503

Reaction score
While I liked my deleted truck it was cause I wanted to not cause I had to. Thats the thing people don’t understand about it, it’s designed to work a certain way and when it does, there’s little downside to it. The problem is this truck for example, SOMETHING is destroying the whole thing and it’s related to the emissions. Boggles my mind there’s no solution here and even more so the truck is still in your possession. Hell, I’ve seen truck being sold under buy back for a radio issue. This is far worse to the point loved ones can’t be safely driven in it. Wild and utterly disgraceful of Ram to not step up here and do the right thing

Yep still arguing about rental, and they know I can't take it in for repairs untill then. So ultimately they are holding up the repairs.

Deltron

Reaction score
Yep still arguing about rental, and they know I can't take it in for repairs untill then. So ultimately they are holding up the repairs.
I don't want to sound like Mr. Sunshine but here's what's likely going to happen.

One, string it along until the 50,000 mile emissions warranty runs out, in your case very soon. Two, too bad, you'll have to pay (shop rate) per hour plus parts to repair it since it's out of warranty. Contacting RAM Care, as many of us have found out, is worse than contacting say the IRS for help. I personally call them the sales prevention department.

It sounds like you have a lot of documentation. At least get a consult with an attorney or barring that, dump the truck and get a different one.

I can assure you life is too short to deal with stuff like this and you too have made it clear you won't let your family ride in it. Any vehicle I wouldn't let my family in would be gone.

All Stellantis is doing is costing themselves future sales for short term profit. Frustrating customers and dealers is not long term sustainable, there's too many other options.

My experiences so far since I've purchased this truck, and I've bought new Mopars since a 1969 340 Dart, is never again. It certainly is not my dealer's fault either, they've been very straightforward with me. I used to own a small telecommunications company and dropped a long term product line for this very reason. The new line had nothing but issues they would never admit to causing us endless labor hours, frustration and annoyed customers. Lost a 20 year relationship with them.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like Mr. Sunshine but here's what's likely going to happen.

One, string it along until the 50,000 mile emissions warranty runs out, in your case very soon. Two, too bad, you'll have to pay (shop rate) per hour plus parts to repair it since it's out of warranty. Contacting RAM Care, as many of us have found out, is worse than contacting say the IRS for help. I personally call them the sales prevention department.

It sounds like you have a lot of documentation. At least get a consult with an attorney or barring that, dump the truck and get a different one.

I can assure you life is too short to deal with stuff like this and you too have made it clear you won't let your family ride in it. Any vehicle I wouldn't let my family in would be gone.

All Stellantis is doing is costing themselves future sales for short term profit. Frustrating customers and dealers is not long term sustainable, there's too many other options.

My experiences so far since I've purchased this truck, and I've bought new Mopars since a 1969 340 Dart, is never again. It certainly is not my dealer's fault either, they've been very straightforward with me. I used to own a small telecommunications company and dropped a long term product line for this very reason. The new line had nothing but issues they would never admit to causing us endless labor hours, frustration and annoyed customers. Lost a 20 year relationship with them.

The issue started before end of warranty and they started the work before it as well. National warranty on emissions is 80k so we have plenty left and i have 100k till powertrain runs out. I am looking at other avenues right now but still have to keep this part going till we come to a resolution on it. I have other vehicles to drive just not one capable of towing for work and my daily work truck is in the shop for warranty work and other repairs.

Deltron

Reaction score
The issue started before end of warranty and they started the work before it as well. National warranty on emissions is 80k so we have plenty left...
5/50 except some CARB States.

I'm glad you have the patience. Keep us updated.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Question for all of you having the frequent regen issues and all the problems that come along with it. My 22 has 9500 miles. It is a tow vehicle primarily. I’d say 70/30 towing to driving. I have never seen the DPF gauge come off of zero. Sitting the oil reads barely high but has no diesel smell whatsoever. Time to start doing some summer travel. Should I be concerned ?

Deltron

Reaction score
Question for all of you having the frequent regen issues and all the prob lems that come along with it. My 22 has 9500 miles. It is a tow vehicle primarily. I’d say 70/30 towing to driving. I have never seen the DPF gauge come off of zero. Sitting the oil reads barely high but has no diesel smell whatsoever. Time to start doing some summer travel. Should I be concerned ?
It's only a few trucks doing this. I wouldn't worry about it.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Question for all of you having the frequent regen issues and all the problems that come along with it. My 22 has 9500 miles. It is a tow vehicle primarily. I’d say 70/30 towing to driving. I have never seen the DPF gauge come off of zero. Sitting the oil reads barely high but has no diesel smell whatsoever. Time to start doing some summer travel. Should I be concerned ?

Keep an eye on everything. Check you oil like you did as a kid with your first pos that burned oil lmao. The regen issue can come put of no where and fuel dilution is from regeneration issues.

Units

Reaction score
I agree with @Dinky503, I would monitor your oil level at regular intervals (which you should anyways) and watch your DPF gauge for any unusual patterns. I wouldn’t stress over it though.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
My regen problem started around 18,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread