Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Camera wiring options (thru the trailer)

Randy1021

Reaction score
Thanks for the great tips on routing the tow mode camera for a 5th wheel! I'm waiting on my truck to arrive (ordered 11/12, should be here in the next week or so according to dealer) and wanting to plan for cable run on my 41'4" Alliance Paradigm 385FL (it should be ready for pickup in 3 weeks). How long is the cord that comes with the tow mode camera from Ram? I'm thinking of running the cable down the ladder from the rear and then along the underbelly in PVC or flexible cable shroud to the front pin box. Trying to keep from running along the roof if possible but may end up going that way also after I get them home. Thanks for everyone's help!

RhinoFred

Reaction score
I had to order another extension. The 20’ I had received only worked intermittently and I couldn’t figure out why. I sent that one back and ordered a 6.5’ one that came in last night, plan on putting it on today.

I had thought about running it up top, but currently looking at going from a high center mount down the side of the rear ramp and up the underbelly on the left side. Another option is to follow the 360° camera hole I have on top, but I don’t have the time to move the mount from the bumper to the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi - Where did you buy the extension wire? I'm a little short. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread