Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission fluid

jetlag

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW long bed with the SO Cummins, and we tow a 16.5K Jayco Pinnacle 5th wheel. The truck has just over 43K miles and finally taking it in a couple of weeks to get the transmission recall done. My question pertains to the recommended transmission oil change schedule. I have towed about 10K miles with it and mentioned this to the shop when I called to schedule the recall. He said yes, they should look at it, and would test the fluid? I don't trust the dealers very much these days. A local shop that does a lot of work on my wife's business trucks and vans changed my oil this last time. The dealer is also 35 miles away, and scheduling was tight. They changed oil, oil and fuel filters for over $200 less than the dealer! Thanks

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
According to your owners manual you are still 17K miles shy of the towing service trans fluid and filter change.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW long bed with the SO Cummins, and we tow a 16.5K Jayco Pinnacle 5th wheel. The truck has just over 43K miles and finally taking it in a couple of weeks to get the transmission recall done. My question pertains to the recommended transmission oil change schedule. I have towed about 10K miles with it and mentioned this to the shop when I called to schedule the recall. He said yes, they should look at it, and would test the fluid? I don't trust the dealers very much these days. A local shop that does a lot of work on my wife's business trucks and vans changed my oil this last time. The dealer is also 35 miles away, and scheduling was tight. They changed oil, oil and fuel filters for over $200 less than the dealer! Thanks
We can understand your concerns with visiting the dealer due to the given reasons. If you would like support while your vehicle is being serviced, our team would be more than happy to see where we can assist you! Just send us a private message if ever you need us. Thanks.

Chris,
Ram Cares

jetlag

Reaction score
We can understand your concerns with visiting the dealer due to the given reasons. If you would like support while your vehicle is being serviced, our team would be more than happy to see where we can assist you! Just send us a private message if ever you need us. Thanks.

Chris,
Ram Cares
Thank You. Curious, how do you send a private message on this forum?

Users who are viewing this thread