Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unplugged Wire Driver's side Wheel Well ?

pete2833

Reaction score
I was installing my wheel well liners on my 2023 Ram 2500 Big Horn. Truck has the 5th Wheel Prep Package and the towing technology. I found this plug behind the rear driver's side wheel well just hanging down and not plugged into anything. It goes up to the plugs on the bedside for the 5th wheel. Any idea if it is supposed to be plugged in somewhere ?

Thnx Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 83

sbrunner8

Reaction score
Into the rear bumper harness for the 110v plug in the bed?

Mine was also unplugged from the factory. I noticed the cable hanging but didn't look into it till I noticed the bed receptacle not working. By the time I went to plug it in, the bumper end was corroded and dealer wouldn't warranty it. The writer was an idiot, 3 other people came up and teamed up on me and all claiming it was because of corrosion and that isn't covered. I tried explaining it should've been caught during PDI but they claimed it was my fault for not noticing it before it was corroded. It definitely should be covered. Worst part is I worked at this dealership as a tech for 7 years but couldn't find anyone I knew to explain the case to. Ended up buying the bumper pigtail and fixing it myself. This was all a couple months ago. Found out a couple days ago that writer was fired for being an idiot.

pete2833

Reaction score
Into the rear bumper harness for the 110v plug in the bed?

Mine was also unplugged from the factory. I noticed the cable hanging but didn't look into it till I noticed the bed receptacle not working. By the time I went to plug it in, the bumper end was corroded and dealer wouldn't warranty it. The writer was an idiot, 3 other people came up and teamed up on me and all claiming it was because of corrosion and that isn't covered. I tried explaining it should've been caught during PDI but they claimed it was my fault for not noticing it before it was corroded. It definitely should be covered. Worst part is I worked at this dealership as a tech for 7 years but couldn't find anyone I knew to explain the case to. Ended up buying the bumper pigtail and fixing it myself. This was all a couple months ago. Found out a couple days ago that writer was fired for being an idiot.

Where is it supposed to plug into ?

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread