Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variable rate rear springs

kevin588127

Reaction score
I currently have a 22 2500 CC hemi (non off road package) that is bone stock down to the Firestone HT tires. It has 14K on it with a fair amount of that towing a 10K bumper toy hauler. I've been very happy with it but have noticed in the last few months that the unloaded ride is getting a bit worse. I'm experiencing some proposing at times. I'm guessing that the stock cheapo shocks are probably some of the problem. On my previous 1500 ram, I had a great experience with tuff truck varialbe rear springs and bilstein shocks. It rode better empty and had less squat while towing. I loved that setup. I thinking of going the same route with this truck and wondering if anyone has gone this route. I am seeing tuff truck and cargomax offering a variable spring. I am looking to maintain factory ride height and not looking to "increase" capacity, just looking to improve the ride while maintaining stock ride height and capacity. Cargomax lists theirs as a 35 percent increase in capacity and that kind of concerns me as to how it will affect ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread