Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vertical frame members on front of frame by winch mount

Metternacht

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum and have tried searching for an answer to this. What is the purpose of the two vertical frame pieces u dear the front of the power wagon by the winch mount? I am planing on installing a torklift front hitch and they want these removed for the hitch brackets to mount. Want to make sure this isnt going to compromise some function I can’t identify.

thanks for the help

Metternacht

2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Im assuming you mean the compatibility brackets as seen here, ram inteneded them for avoiding the truck riding up on smaller vehicles when in an accident, but yes they are removable and not needed i removed mine to install my plow mount

Attachments

• 1AC573B1-B8EC-4E57-958A-E0B14D66F86E.jpeg
    1AC573B1-B8EC-4E57-958A-E0B14D66F86E.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Metternacht

Reaction score
Im assuming you mean the compatibility brackets as seen here, ram inteneded them for avoiding the truck riding up on smaller vehicles when in an accident, but yes they are removable and not needed i removed mine to install my plow mount
Thank you for the reply. It is appreciated.

-M

dieselbeef

Reaction score
no kidding..thought they were plow mounts....was taking em off anyways eventually

Users who are viewing this thread